ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've all seen them. Well... I totally wasted $160 & picked one up off ebay last week. I'm not as well-versed in R/C as I was as a kid. I know the one I just picked up is based on the M-04 chassis. I still need to pick up a battery, charger & a radio. So anyway, who all here has one? I know I'm not the only one...

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
had one and destroyed it by modding the **** out of it with a brushless motor and li-po batteries.

But it was faster than anything else LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
I lost the decals for mine so the chassis is half assembled, the body isn't finished/painted. Anyone know where decals can be purchased?

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NAautoxer - that is sick! Yeah from what I gather, HPI has a NB body & in a quick search Tamiya NA replacement bodies are somewhat available for about $30.

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been looking at those R/C miatas for a few month already... might get one too :D
Dude, take the plunge. Get one, I did. You guys obviously know a ton more than I do about R/C cars. What should I look for in a battery & charger? For radios is it personal preference, or is there one that's a much better value than the rest? My car should be here within the next week or so, I can't wait.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Dude, take the plunge. Get one, I did. You guys obviously know a ton more than I do about R/C cars. What should I look for in a battery & charger? For radios is it personal preference, or is there one that's a much better value than the rest? My car should be here within the next week or so, I can't wait.

What are you trying to do with the R/C car? If you are trying to drift def. get a lipo batt. Brushless motors are a good upgrade too (novak and castle creations brand) I was in to R/C drift for a while but I used HPI chassis (sprint 2, cyclone S). For Radios I would suggest going with a 2.4GHz remote. Check this guy out when you get a chance he is pretty good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y1oUQy2J0rU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Supporting Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
de_la_ cool link. I guess for this kit I wanna' try to build it as close as I can to a 1/10 scale version of my own 1/1 scale car & learn to drive it without damaging it much. The drifting thing looks pretty cool, but I'm guessing the Tamiya kit doesn't drift well? Sorry about my ignorance, I always liked r/c cars as a kid but we weren't wealthy enough to afford anything beyond Radio Shack. I'm kinda learning this as I go. Would NIMH batteries be ok for this? And I found a HiTec 2.4 ghz radio/transmitter/servo combo for about $90 online - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HRC126241

btw - straight outta' Hong Kong & into my kitchen...

·
Registered
67 Posts
do not attempt drifting the tamiya.. it will not work..

Really? Me and my buddies drift Tamiya's all day lol. Its all about the tires, you need the harder plastic drift tires. All those things do is slide..

Anyhow, I have a EVO X shell right now, didn't know there was a Miata shell. Guess ill have to go pick one up :D

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Really? Me and my buddies drift Tamiya's all day lol. Its all about the tires, you need the harder plastic drift tires. All those things do is slide..

Anyhow, I have a EVO X shell right now, didn't know there was a Miata shell. Guess ill have to go pick one up :D

different chassis. firstly, no plastic tires as the "M" chassis tires are there own size. also, these are RWD only, not 4wd like what you probably drift. just like a real miata, once they start to slide, it's extremely difficult to be able to finesse them to not snap-spinning.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts