ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
so that's to much of a difference to modify the Tamiya to fit, So i guess i will look for an HPI NB then.

Thanks though, even though now that i think about it i could have looked that info up.
Thanks for not Trolling me! HAHA

·
Supporting Member
436 Posts
ok, so whats the best chassis you can fit an NA shell onto? Seems like I can get an M-04M as a complete kit, but it seems to be outdated now?
Would like to try drifting and general car park messing about at the meets, but I'm not sure the M chassis wil do it?

Russell.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ok, so whats the best chassis you can fit an NA shell onto? Seems like I can get an M-04M as a complete kit, but it seems to be outdated now?
Would like to try drifting and general car park messing about at the meets, but I'm not sure the M chassis wil do it?

Russell.

HPI cup racer! btw, i got one for sale

·
Supporting Member
436 Posts
HPI cup racer! btw, i got one for sale
Cheers, but not sure if it'd be worth it by the time it was shipped to me in the UK. Have found I can get an M06 chassis which seems better, although someone else has suggested a TT01 chassis with a 3 Racing chassis conversion kit... damn this is complicated!

Russell.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
well mine came in the mail today!

this is my first RC in over 10-15 years, so i dont really know anything about them.

my only question is what offset wheels can the miata body run? and what good are hop ups? what is the ideal engine for the car, and what would be some good parts to upgrade it?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Anyone at all? Lol.

Searching really hasnt gotten me anywhere... I am assuming the wheels need to be 3mm offset, but i dont know for sure.

And i have no idea about hop up parts for these. Seems like this chassis isnt too great and limited on parts.

Help me out! Im ready to mod! Haha.

·
Registered
243 Posts
it's not a performance chassis so i would personally leave it stock for purity of the kit :) maybe some oil filled shocks. just use the motor it comes with too. won't be able to handle much more than that without spinning out everywhere or stripping gears haha. not sure about wheels but i don't think it uses the standard 26mm touring car wheels.

EDIT: some ideas of hop up parts that are out there and a nice build up of the chassis... http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41899

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I searche and found a tt01 co version kit that convert it to a m chassis, that way ill be able to run the miata body and have 4wd instead of just rwd, and there are alot better part available for the tt01 chassis from what i can tell.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a tt01 chassis sitting under my bed. Gonna have to look at it for the first time in years lol. Its a good cheap drifting chassis from when I used to run it.

·
Supporting Member
436 Posts
They are specific wheels for the M chassis, all the same offset as far as I know. I got some other wheels but they just looked stupid (too big), so best to just stick to whats meant to be on there. The wheel selection isn't huge, but to see whats about just put Tamiya M Wheels into Ebay and you'll get just about everything thats available come up.

Russell.

·
Registered
205 Posts
61 - 80 of 90 Posts