ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a raggedy little NA6 we had previously set up for training in our SuperMiata race series with a 145whp NB2 engine. We call it the Taxi because its purpose in life is to give people rides. We had this 2.0L 13.0:1 Whammy sitting in the back of our shop for two years so I had the silly idea of sticking into Taxi and filling it with corn. To go with the ITB's, we though a big, slightly goofy looking rear spoiler and a few too many stickers would balance things out nicely.

No dyno yet. Just a rough street tune. SOTP feels like about 190whp. We'll dyno it next week. Gonna autocross it down in San Diego this weekend and see if it ejects anything important. 6 x 4.875 = go kart.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I like everything about this! :icon_cheers: Is that a Autokonexion spoiler? :dunno: Whatever it is i like it. :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy crap, 190whp and a 6/4.875? This thing is gonna rip!
It's goofy fun and it's not even tuned. I'll post video from the autocross on Monday. In about two weeks, once it's properly tuned, we'll shake it down on track and post video. Sounds nutty from inside the car. So much intake noise. Mellifluous, magical noise.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I think I like this.

·
Registered
521 Posts
A 6 speed with a 4.875 diff = go kart. How does it drive at highway speeds? Does it have to rev to the upper atmosphere in order to maintain 65 mph?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With my 5 speed and 4.3 rest, 70mph is rough at around 4k rpms. Sweet project. Sub'd as well.
About 4300 rpm @ 70 on Taxi according to the chart. Checked the speedo against GPS on the way into the shop this morning. Merely 18% off. Theoretical top speed of only 134.

·
The colder Adam
2,194 Posts
About 4300 rpm @ 70 on Taxi according to the chart. Checked the speedo against GPS on the way into the shop this morning. Merely 18% off. Theoretical top speed of only 134.
Just looked at the chart, didn't look at it before. Sounds like I should verify my speedo one of these days...

Seems like your set up would be a slight pain after a while on an autocross but would be a blast on back roads and in track.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Seems to me that a 6 speed with the 4.3 rear end would be a much more street friendly setup. The 4.875 rear end would be king at an autocross event though.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts