ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on installing my coilovers and I have the EDFC as well. If you have the EDFC, where did you guys run the wiring through? drivers side, pass side, or center? also where did you guys mount the EDFC, I'm thinking of putting it right below my radio or in the arm rest.

I'm about to de-virgin my miata since it's bone stock and i've never played with one of these or seen what is under everything.

Thanks in advance!

·
2,708 Posts
EDFC's ROCK. I'm planning on gettting one soon.

I helped install it on a friend's NB and it's somewhat of a wiring nightmare, but well worth the effort. We ran the wires through the firewall, following the already-there wire loom, I velcro'd the unit just to the right underneath the steering column.

Being able to adjust to road conditions on the fly rocks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you guys run the wires from the rear? I really can't wait to get the EDFC plus the FLEX in!

Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT:

I've also started removing the trunk interior to get prepared for the work tomorrow. On the left shock there's the fuel tubes blocking the area. Do I remove the middle sections or do I try to work around them? I'm thinking that if I do remove them, I should probably put out the cigarette first huh? :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you lift the carpet behind the seats, there's a steel plate covering the fuel tank, that has a healthy gap on either side. More than enough space to run the cables (which I did on the driver's side...I guess passenger's side for the US...the opposite side to the fuel filler!) and then down the sills under the carpet to behind the dash.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've also started removing the trunk interior to get prepared for the work tomorrow. On the left shock there's the fuel tubes blocking the area. Do I remove the middle sections or do I try to work around them? I'm thinking that if I do remove them, I should probably put out the cigarette first huh? :lol:
Anyone know what I should do about the fuel stuff that's in the way of reaching the 2 bolts on the shock?

·
Kicked off the island..
3,062 Posts
Take the aluminum shield off first. Then, I found it best to use a various array of extensions to get the right angle on each nut, because it wouldnt be good to strip one of those.. AND, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the use of air tools for particular strut. Makes it many worlds easier. Just finished up a set of Tannabe full coilovers on a friends car about 15 minutes ago, just so you know i'm fresh on the info. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
is it possible for your buddy to give a detailed review on the tanabe coilovers? also which model did you guys install? im looking into tanabe sustec pros for mine thats why.

thanks in advance.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
i just installed a set of tanabe sustec pro with 6k/4k srpings and pillow ball mounts.

i would have to say it was easy to install compared to kyb agx with stock springs and koni's withb tien lowering springs. 15 mins on each side for the rear and about a hour for each side on the front. also we did this without spring compressors.

as to the quality of them they are top notch! made the car a blast to drive. i am running 4 in the front and 6 in the rear for damping and about a 1 1/2 in the rear with a 1" in the front for height till i can a alignment and corner balanced.

if i had to do it over again i would still go with them! i love what they have done for my car

also i got them new for 895 shipped :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any pictures of where you mounted the EDFC? I think I might go on the right side of the steering column for the mount. Thanks Exhondaman

I saw an S2K on HT that had a really nice mount in the arm rest. I'll try to find that pic

EDIT:

Found it:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Its always hard to tell what someones mechanical ability is when giving advice like this.

If it were me, Id run the wires down one side and tape/loom the wires up so it looks clean and stock.

For the mount of the controller, id take a peice of flat ABS plastic and cut a hole the size of the unit and flush mount it in. Or, if your not into all that work, just mount it in a pocket. Drill a hole in the back of the pocket and mount it with double sided tape... Most stereo shops will have a pocket if you don't have one in your car.

Take some pics of what you end up doing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll definitely take some pics after the install, I'm hoping to get a pocket under the radio to mount it.

Has anyone had any issues mounting the spare tire back in the trunk with the EDFC motors? I just took a quick look at the trunk and it looks like it might be in the way.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'll definitely take some pics after the install, I'm hoping to get a pocket under the radio to mount it.

Has anyone had any issues mounting the spare tire back in the trunk with the EDFC motors? I just took a quick look at the trunk and it looks like it might be in the way.
Yeah, the spare won't fit anymore. The instructions say to just bolt the spare in place thru one of the lugholes instead of the middle, but that was a bit too close for comfort for me.

So what I did was make up a short metal plate which bolted to the stock spare wheel-hole at one end. So the spare sticks out much further towards the middle of the boot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts