ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how much did everyone pay and where did they get it?

ill be in the market for some in the near future and i was wondering if anyone had the sick hookup.

im located in socal and willing to do a pickup.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
try eddie @ adrenaline. i think he gives discount to m.net members. 1430 brankd new w/ warranty

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yeah, Eddie has the best price I've seen and he offers great service. I would have bought from him If I hadn't found these ones on ebay.

although before you buy you should read THIS. It has some interesting things to say about the flex.

·
Registered
720 Posts
if u want flex u gotta call up eddy and ask him for the discount it will be less then 14xx
probably around 1300

·
Registered
141 Posts
yeah they have them for 1215 at C2 auto just a local shop down the street from me i was looking into it before but my car is my daily maybe ill pick up coil overs in the future. damn 880 im jelous

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
maybe you should wait till the monoflex comes out.

monotube version of the flex

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
just curious why you picked the flex over the other options out there? Not saying you made the wrong choice, just curious of your thought process...

·
2,708 Posts
I got mine from http://www.group5motorsport.com/main.pl?[url]sid=4668750749&page=pitem&product=TE-FLEX

Ask for Joe and tell him Tam sent ya. You might or might not get the homey-hookup that I got (1200ish), but it's worth a try.

I'm running Flexes and if anyone wants to take my car out for a test drive, they are more then welcome to. Please, beat on it. :p

After te last SAB meet, Paul(Dj squiggles) and I were driving rather spiritedly on the freeway that was under construction and full of potholes, un-even surfaces, ruts,ect. Even at the speeds we were going, paul's Tein-equipped NA didn't show any signs of "bounciness" or damping issues. I was little more then surprised because, as we all know, his car is SLAMMED, but it still soaked up road imperfections nicely.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maybe you should wait till the monoflex comes out.

monotube version of the flex
i've got monotube coilovers now.

i want the flex because i want something a little softer since the car is getting less and less beatings and its becoming more of a daily.

ohlins and JIC are gonna put me back in the OMFG MY BACK catagory again and the flex get really low.

i could just stay with my stance i guess

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My Tein basic rides awsome and goes just as low as the Flex. There are other alternative other than JIC and Ohlin. There is Cusco Zero 2. JIC and Ohlin are way beyond the price range of the Flex. Mono tubes don't neccesary ride harsher, just different construction, a superior one though.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
meh. you'll get some arguements that the monotubes are superior. A lot of that is from companies that make them. :)

the KWs on my car are not monotubes, and I will put them up against anything on a miata short of a penske. Quality valving and spring matching are what make a good damper IMo...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts