ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone willing to help me install my coilovers? I tried today in the parking lot but i could not get the assembly out of the A-arms? Im also looking for a spring compresor went to four stores and no luck... Im going off of a write up on M.net but its not working. So anyone that could help whould be great. lunch and dew on me. leave a post or hit me up at 507-313-9915

·
Registered
593 Posts
You need a joint popper. If you come pick me up from Orange County I'll gladly help you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would a pry bar work? to do that... Do you need a ride down here or do you want me to bring the stuff there to do?

·
Registered
299 Posts
well i could help out ive done my suspension already somehow managed it by myself but that was tuff so if you want some help lemme know when im off during the day tommorrow and im only in elcajon.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Go to Autozone or the like and you'll find everything you need. I'd really recommend having someone help you, though.... it's a pita sometimes..

·
Registered
299 Posts
i didnt need to undo any of that stuff and i got it done. just undid the sways from one end to release the tention and it worked.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i guess there is one at autozone on university so im going to pick that up... How long did it take you to do the swap with two people?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well i guess there is one at autozone on university so im going to pick that up... How long did it take you to do the swap with two people?
lol, there was actually 3 of us. It took about an hour or so; we took our time. I think compressing and decompressing the springs took the most time. Everytime is different, so it all depends on how things flow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I work at 3 so i was hoping maybe to get it done one of these mornings or i have to wait till next weekend :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know how long it took me i just did the fronts then i did the rears the next day.
Lol. did you have the rear 3inch higher so you looked like a old muscle car?
Im going to try one more time with the spring compressor and if still no luck then im going to wait for someone to help. Thanx for the tips

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
why would you use a joint popper, I just took out my control arm bolt, much better method imo
exactly. If you're installing a set of Tein SS, I assum you'll have to get an alignment afterwards, right? If you're going to get an alignment then you don't have to worry about messing up you current alignment. So just take the lower control arm bolts off. Much easier.

·
2,708 Posts
You don't REALLY need a spring compressor to take the old top hats off. Just point towards a clear patch of real estate or in a box laying down and slowly loosen the top nut. The force isn't strong, people exxagerate it too much. It's not going to break your wrist. Trust me, I've done it many times.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts