ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We said we would do it when they were out, and they ARE OUT!

Before reading, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE PM ME with your contact info / shipping address and I will add you to the list and send you an estimate. This will help speed up the process and prevent errors and confusion. Paypal is our preferred method of payment.

My name is Mike and I will be handling this group buy.
[email protected]
Phone: 215.489.2820 Ext 303

We will need at minimum 5 sets for this to go through.
Group Buy open until: EXTENDED TO WEDS 12/21
All payments must be received by 12/22
Estimated ship date from JSC Speed: 1st-3rd week of January, we will keep you updated.
By default can only ship to the billing address of your credit card or Paypal, there are ways around it that we can discuss. We ship via UPS with a tracking number.

Pricing for this introductory group buy ONLY:
5-9 Units: $655 shipped in the continental US
10+ Units: $635 shipped in the continental US

NOT AN ACTUAL PHOTO OF THE MIATA STREET BASIS

For more information about the Street Basis series, click here.

Spring Rates: F: 7/392 R: 6/336
90-98 Adjustment Range: F: -.5" to -2.1" R: -.3 to -1.9"
00-05 Adjustment Range: F: -1" to -2.7" R: -.2 to -2.6"
Accuracy of specs pending

1.) cny PAID
2.) Md10crew PAID
3.) redmx5jon PAID
4.) LittleWhiteCar PAID
5.) Pac-man 99 PAID

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
I am in.....I am PMing my info now.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
So these are basically a cheaper version of the Basic with less height adjustment? Interesting.

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Basically, yes. Those are the specs listed when they were still "under development". I have requested some information to make sure those are still the production specs.

According to their site:

Seems a bit off, we will clear this up ASAP!

7:02 EDIT: Just got off the phone with Tein, they are verifying this for us. I'm expecting an email back.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
So these are basically a cheaper version of the Basic with less height adjustment? Interesting.
The body should be identical to the outgoing Basic. Expect a similar flavor product, lower price, and enhancements to the product's longevity.

Trying to get a set to sample/review from Tein through work. :D

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cutting me out now, Nial!?! The body is actually slightly different. The sleeve itself is separate from the body. When I installed these on my Integra, you could actually slide the entire sleeve off. This will make it much easier to clean if you maintain your coilovers.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Cutting me out now, Nial!?! The body is actually slightly different. The sleeve itself is separate from the body. When I installed these on my Integra, you could actually slide the entire sleeve off. This will make it much easier to clean if you maintain your coilovers.
No no no don't worry. It won't even end up on my car if it goes through.

Interesting concept with the sleeve removal. If that is the case with the Miata line as well I will be somewhat surprised. Revised components at a lower price point than the outgoing Basic? Not too bad!

Ok enough cluttering your thread. :fp: Sorry.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Cool design. I take it they won't revalve/rebuild these then, and just offer new struts?

·
I <3 NY & Hate you
995 Posts
Some more people get on this!!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I actually wanna try these out pretty badly. By when do you need the money?

- Just read that tid bit.

Hmmmm.

Does the height adjustment mean that these are automatically lower than stock by the first measurement, and they go 2 inches lower? lol Excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Well for anyone concerned, I'd bet the height difference between NB and NA just comes from the different top hats being reused. NB tophats on a NA will lower you .5".

·
Registered
436 Posts
Rats...so no GB for the Flex or Mono's?

-B

·
Registered
434 Posts
We said we would do it when they were out, and they ARE OUT!

Before reading, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE PM ME with your contact info / shipping address and I will add you to the list and send you an estimate. This will help speed up the process and prevent errors and confusion. Paypal is our preferred method of payment.

My name is Mike and I will be handling this group buy.
[email protected]
Phone: 215.489.2820 Ext 303

We will need at minimum 5 sets for this to go through.
Group Buy open until: Monday 12/19
All payments must be received by 12/20
Estimated ship date from JSC Speed: 1st-3rd week of January, we will keep you updated.
By default can only ship to the billing address of your credit card or Paypal, there are ways around it that we can discuss. We ship via UPS with a tracking number.

Pricing for this introductory group buy ONLY:
5-9 Units: $655 shipped in the continental US
10+ Units: $635 shipped in the continental US

For more information about the Street Basis series, click here.

Spring Rates: F: 7/392 R: 6/336
Accuracy of specs pending

1.) cny
2.)Md10crew.... I am in

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does the height adjustment mean that these are automatically lower than stock by the first measurement, and they go 2 inches lower? lol Excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject.
That is correct, the measurements are from stock height.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts