ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a question I got a set of tein street basis coilovers for my na and I just put them in. My problem is I adjusted all of them and set the ride height and the passenger side front is almost tucking in the fender and has about 3 quarters of an Inch in height adjustment left to go even lower but my driver side there is almost a 2 finger gap and the height adjustment is maxed out and it won't go any lower. It's been driving me crazy and I've gone over it 20 times and can't figure out. Any help would be great! Thanks guys!

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,980 Posts
did you put the fronts and rears correctly in the front and rear? sounds like you have fronts on the left side and rears on the right side.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea made sure nothing was binding. Lol that was the first thing I checked both front srpings have the same part number and both rear srpings have the same part number so the srpings are in the right places lol. W070 in the front and w060 in the rear. I'm stumped :/

·
8,980 Posts
Shock length is different front and rear. So you've got front shocks on the left side, rear shocks on the right, with front springs in front and rear springs in back.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could it be possible I have a front and rear threaded height adjustment sleeve mixed up?

·
8,980 Posts
Street basis don't have a shock length adjustment. I wasn't aware they had a separate threaded sleeve, either. Go take pictures.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Are they using the same tophats?

Are the springs the same length?

Sure you don't have the fronts on one side and rear on the other?

Take a ruler or tape measure with you. Don't eyeball it, that is obviously not working out for you lol.

Those coils are very straight forward with no body length adjustment. It has to be something simple you over looked.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol I'm at work right now but I will take some for you guys as soon as I get home!

·
8,980 Posts
Looks like there's a difference at the tophat between left and right. Other than that, work has completely burnt me out... I cant see ****.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's a little gap on each front where the washer goes inbetween the spring and the top hat

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Well if I am seeing it correctly the collars are in different positions by what appears to be about a cm. Driver side appears to be lower. (at least how the pics are labeled)

Take a ruler to the black part of the threaded body. Measure from the were the black threads start on the bottom to the bottom of the collars on both sides.

Where the lower collars are will determine the height of the car, they lift the spring up.

Did you adjust them all the same length/height before installing? I don't get how this is an issue.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I will try that when I get out of work. As soon as I got all them on I set the ride height with a tape measure.

·
8,980 Posts
Gentlemen, his complaint is that his passenger side sits lower than his driver's side. Spinning the collar down on the passenger side isnt going to help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm gonna pull the coilover off tomorrow morning before work and see and try to get a little better of a look at it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts