ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I needed to send some really big files to someone, yousendit.com wasnt totally ghey. The last time I used it I could have sworn it was a 1 gig file limit, and there was no need to set up an account with them. Now you have to set up an account and log in, and theres a 100mb limit. Also only 1 file at a time can be hosted for you.

I have about ~120 mb worth of pictures from GT Live Im trying to send to Kyle so he can add the photos to his album and we can post them up.

Anyone know of free temporary hosting, preferably something you DONT have to sign up to use? I just hate having to give these people all my personal info just to send some pics to someone. I mean wtf, what the hell do they need my address for?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought despite its capacity it still limits your filesize for attachments? I can try that tonight when Im home from work and see if it will work.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I've seen Picasa and I really like the interface. Until recently, it was only for desktop photo organization. Now they offer their Web Albums photo hosting by invitation only. I hate the idea of having to transfer all my photos from flickr (Yahoo) to Picasa (Google) but if it is that much better I might. Flickr makes it really difficult to edit/organize large sets. I really like the fact that Picasa understands photo life-cycle managament make it easy for me to download all the photos back to my machine (something flickr doesn't do).

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
This seems like a good place to make my first announcement that I am disabling attachment of (uploaded) pictures. I'm running out of webspace for UPLOADED pictures (to this website).

A lot of people already have pictures hosted elsewhere, so that's fine. Everyone else can use one of those free services as well.

A more formal announcement, as well as a few other announcements coming soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts