ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK we haven't had one of these for a while..... thanks to Roadsternut for this one- I'm stealing your scans for this round of trivia ;);)

Alright- Roadsternut just put up some beautiful scans of the JDM VR limited edition roadster catalog (see his thread):

Now- for super JDM smoochie points, can somebody tell me what is different about that radio surround console than the one we have here in the 90-93 USDM car (or for that matter 90-93 anyDM car)?

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
It came with a true DIN opening, which didn't happen on the other cars until mid '96?

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It came with a true DIN opening, which didn't happen on the other cars until mid '96?

=D> =D> Yup Tim got it! Dang- I guess that was too easy, huh?

Anyways- for people who didn't know- the USDM 96.5+ cars have true DIN opening radio surrounds. Same thing for JDM cars. So if you want to put in a 2DIN radio into your 90-93 car, and don't care for ugly gaps, then you need to get a hold of one of these late model JDM surrounds. Likewise you could upgrade your 94-95 car with the 96.5+ USDM surround also.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
That wasn't easy, I'm just good!

What do I get?!? Some mad fresh stickers?

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
True DIN radio surround was introduced on all series 2 Roadsters; ie July 1995 onwards, not 1996.

Now tell me a change that was unique to series 2 Roadsters, and not found in any other market (I'm not talking about the various metal trim trinkets).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hmm, I can't think of many things that I know are different about my 95 from my previous 1.6 93, and that aren't 1.8/1.6 or R-Limited/S-Spec. based differences.

The boot carpet? The carpet in the 1.8 covers the back of the boot and it doesn't in the 93.

I'm guessing that the engine/drivetrain changes made it through to other markets.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
R-Limited was a Series 1 1.8, but like the RS-imited, had some series 2 improvements.

Actually, there are two mechanical changes NA series 2 1.8 Roadsters got that no one else got; 4.300 final gearing and a lightened flywheel. Rest of the world stuck with 4.100 final drive.

The VR-Limited was the first proper series 2 Limited Edition.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
..Actually, there are two mechanical changes NA series 2 1.8 Roadsters got that no one else got; 4.300 final gearing and a lightened flywheel. Rest of the world stuck with 4.100 final drive.
Wait a minute, I thought the lightened flywheel and 4.3 drive were unique to the VR limited. Are you saying they are found in all JDM series 2's?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts