ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in America and don't know that Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday is that ignorance or lack of intelligence?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I forget that every year. I forgot it this year. The day doesn't hold the importance that it once did.

I think it has to do with the fact that more and more people are working on Thanksgiving, rather than staying home to "give thanks" with their families. This leads to less people actually celebrating the holiday on that particular day (if at all) thusly causing people to either not care what day it is designated or to simply forget all about it.

I've not had one Thanksgiving or Christmas day off for some years now, and frankly, I really don't give a damn about either one other than that I hope they help boost the economy. If I do end up celebrating either holiday, it's usually weeks after the official holiday date, when I finally get enough time off to visit with friends/family.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanksgiving is the day we celebrate John Smith and his men rape Pocahontas and the other women in her tribe while their fathers, brothers, and husbands get brutally killed. The ones that lived were taught to drink fire water and forced to move in with different tribes.

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Supporting Member
1,543 Posts
My boss said we were off for thanksgiving.

I asked what day it was.

He told me Thursday.... I was asking the date, but getting a response like that makes me think that some people really don't know it.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Thanksgiving is the day we celebrate John Smith and his men rape Pocahontas and the other women in her tribe while their fathers, brothers, and husbands get brutally killed. The ones that lived were taught to drink fire water and forced to move in with different tribes.

---
- Ken B. posted this from his iPhone using Tapatalk.
I'd totally not have to rape Pocahontas. I have such suave for an Anglo... she'd just fall into my arms and beg me to take her back to the wagon, or teepee, or whatever 19th century contraption we had to shelter us from the elemets back in the harsher day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts