ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW CAR!

It's 1999, with only 43,000 miles, base model with the OEM hardtop. I am the third owner. It also has a brand new timing belt and water pump, due to age. I paid $6,000 for it.
This car is soooo dam clean, its unreal!
I got some big plans for it, so keep posted!

In dedication to my old NB, which I still have, and will be pulling some parts off of.

I blew a head gasket, and it has over 170k on it, and really every thing needed to be replaced, so I just decided to pull the trigger on a newer car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I was looking at a direction to take my car, or a good looking color scheme, and I ran into this.

Its a Porsche GT3 RS

With my new build, I want something more refined with better quality. Im over the JDM special. My car will definitely be lower, but not slammed by any means. I will take my time buying better parts/projects, but still with a budget in mind.

MODS: So far I have tackled some security mods, from different angles, that I don't want to go into much detail about.......

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MODS: Just bought the Porsche side stripe checked flag decal off ebay, made for a Miata (red). And bought a 3in dual tip/canister (burnt) for my center exhaust. Hopfully it won't sound like ****....

I still have my Megan E-Z streets with less them 1k on them

Refurbishing my wheels!
I have a set of STR Racing wheels left over from my old car. There 15x7.5 Work Equip knockoffs, and no name tires.

I originally was going to just paint the centers red, I love that chrome dish look. But as I started wet sanding, my curb rash, the chrome part started peeling...WTF. I guess they sprayed some clear varnish to make it appear chrome or shiny. I try sanding, rubbing, polishing compound.... nothing is bring back the shine, The best I can do is smoothed raw look.:(

Whatever.... I am just going to get them Powder coated red, :lol: got a price for $260 including some prep work. Im not sure how it will look as Work Equips are never really entirely painted one solid color, but the over all quality will be much better.

Im going to replace those cheap, plastic, superglued, fake bolts with some really hardware with nuts on the backside, might do chrome, brushed, or even spikes...probable not though. With that I am going to get a new center cap. There a new MSpeed one, but there to large. I need one thats 50mm or 2in, theres not to many options, nothing mazda other then the basic seagull. Might just get the Autobots one....lol :smile1: I am still looking though, might just black out my STR cap, or get a basic black cap. I was also looking at vinyl, but that gets a little more pricey. I am just going to worry about powder coating my wheels first .

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
It is indeed clean! I like the GT3 idea, a fellow Texan did a similar except green/black.

As far as the wheel cap decals look no further than Revlimiter:
http://revlimiter.net/store/badges.php

You might find cheaper options but not better and customer service second to none. Check out his other items like his INCREDIBLE gauges, a custom set of porsche inspired gauges would be awesome. Tell him Chad sent you his way. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just dropped my wheels off to get dismounted. I'm going to do a little more prep work. I will hopefully drop them off to the powder coater later this week.

Parts Update :phillyb:

Shot my old Ebay strut brace with some Montana paint, and oh my did these come out vibrant!

Got my Megan EZ Streets installed :), and lifted them up a bit from my old set up. I just bought these a few months ago, they only got a 1k on them. I need to order some new adjustable end links though.... What a process, had to pull them out of my old car into the the new one, then the stocks ones on my old car, basically had to do the process twice, and did a dance with my jack stands, thankfully its over.

My GT3 inspired vinyl arrived. Just a test fit. Im going to stick them when my wheels are finished.

Thanks GreaseMonkey2000! REV Limiter hooked it up! Thanks Adam! I'm so impress with his service, I defintly will be oedering some guages, and then some further down the line. They fit perfectly in my wheel center caps.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
No problem! I have bought just about every item Revlimiter sales and never been disappointed with the product or service! :) Look forward to seeing the wheels! Hope you do a nice custom set of Revlimiter gauges and if you do they will probably be your favorite piece! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I'm normally not fond of NB's but that silver one is quite nice. Can't wait to see the transformation. :fab:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are thoooose! :phillyb:

Finally got my wheels back from the powder coater. And WOW these are so red and rich, pics does not do it justice! Got my center caps in too :) but one fell off :cry2: the surface I stuck it to wasn't totally flat, but I thought it would be fine, whatever I'm in to good of a mood. Ill pick up another one when I order my nose badge.

Im still thinking about some hardware for the holes, they where chrome before. What do you guys think? Black, chrome, brushed, spikes, nothing

I bought some clear indicators just like the Gt3, they look great on silver, and really cleans up the side of the car. Looks like it was meant to be, and it doest grab your eye like those yellow and red ones. They also came with red bulbs, which are pretty dope lit up at night, pics later. And the rear indicators aren't even functional :dunno: I want to grab the front connector off my old nb so I can wire them up, and make them functional.

I got a new front lip off Ebay $140 shipped the DM style Lip. Love it, its not to low, and looks differnt, and more factory. I wrote a review on it
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/20-exterior/214058-nb1-dm-style-front-lip-review-ebay.html

Still have one more surprise for you guess, but I missed the UPS man yesterday, and I got to sign for it :icon_cheers:

DSLR pics coming soon!

Im pretty broken now lol! Keep posted for some budget mods, I want to paint my calipers yellow, and paint my rotors, they look shitty on my new wheels.

I still want the Project G side skirts, center exhaust, eunos badge, front and rear center badges yellow, and to paint my front bumper, but Im happy for now. :haiguyths:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He came!!!!:smile9:

Sick Speed taillights, GV knock offs. Im gonna try to get these mounted ASAP, but the connecters aren't the same size....wtf:suicide: but theres 5 wires going to and from so, It shouldn't be to difficult, and no hardware.... Ill take more detailed pics and probably write a review on these.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

I still want the Project G side skirts, center exhaust, eunos badge, front and rear center badges yellow, and to paint my front bumper, but Im happy for now. :haiguyths:
Center exhaust would be on point, but ditch the side skirt and yellow badges idea. The simplicity you have going on works just right. Use the money you save from doing those, get a roll bar, and paint the bar red. It would be perfect. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Center exhaust would be on point, but ditch the side skirt and yellow badges idea. The simplicity you have going on works just right. Use the money you save from doing those, get a roll bar, and paint the bar red. It would be perfect. Just my opinion.
Agreed. :icon_cheers:

I like the taillights....can you rotate the lens? If so maybe do a vertical orientation so the orange is outer most and red inner most, just a thought, instead of the normal orientation. :)

As far as the wheel hardware....either chrome or brushed but definitely think brushed would be better, imho.

Where you going to paint the mirrors red? :dunno: If so maybe just do vinyl so if you don't like, it can be easily undone...not that oem mirrors are hard to come by. I think the red mirrors could look good.

·
Registered
753 Posts
With my new build, I want something more refined with better quality. Im over the JDM special. My car will I will take my time buying better parts/projects, but still with a budget in mind.
What part of quality is a car full of knock off and replica parts? I like the vinyl decal on the side but the style of wheel does not match the GT3 feel. Maybe red 6ULs/RPF1s/Emotion CR would be a better choice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, the more I look at it the more clean I want to keep it....Rollbars on the way, but I want to get matching seats, at the same time so it gonna be a minute.

Agreed. :icon_cheers:

I like the taillights....can you rotate the lens? If so maybe do a vertical orientation so the orange is outer most and red inner most, just a thought, instead of the normal orientation. :)

As far as the wheel hardware....either chrome or brushed but definitely think brushed would be better, imho.

Where you going to paint the mirrors red? :dunno: If so maybe just do vinyl so if you don't like, it can be easily undone...not that oem mirrors are hard to come by. I think the red mirrors could look good.

Yep I can rotate them any way, vertical looks great, when I paint them i'll turn them sideways.......Im going to wrap them, I can get the same color vinyl as my stripe, would love a carbon fiber mirror tho. Brushed will look sweet, I think ill go with that.

What part of quality is a car full of knock off and replica parts? I like the vinyl decal on the side but the style of wheel does not match the GT3 feel. Maybe red 6ULs/RPF1s/Emotion CR would be a better choice.
If I didn't have any wheels to start with. I probably would have gone with a more GT3 wheel, and generally speaking the gt3 is just inspiration, Im not trying to copy it...... Other then being fake, the quality of the wheel isn't bad at all, and I love the looks of Equip wheel. Im going to pick and choose where I spend my money. Some stuff might be better, but nothing will be hindering.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts