ClubRoadster.net banner

641 - 660 of 663 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,763 Posts
The facebook thing is real. But we still here and good people are out there. Just maybe few and far between.

·
The colder Adam
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #645 (Edited)
Ok, time for an update. Getting ready to pull the car out of storage later today but figured now is a good time for a bump and I also just organized all the parts I've been collecting over the last few months. I've been lurking here a lot more and hope to be a bit more active in the coming months.

As noted above, the autocross car brontosaurus and I were running is gone. After a couple years of that being the focus of my Miata energy, I forgot about this car a bit. While focusing on that was fun for a bit, I really miss giving this car attention (even if it still work get driven all that much...). I also miss tinkering on it. So with the competition car gone, I'm also taking some time off of autocrossing too. Kinda getting bored with it, in no small part due the local sites for us drying up. But if I am honest, it has far more to do with me just getting bored and needing a change of pace. The time needed for it is just more than I am willing to give to it. Especially when I have gotten way more into bikes again and I can go ripping on my mountain bike for 2 hours and have a ton of fun (while also keeping dad bod at bay) or take one of my other bikes to the brewery or whatever. Also, that focus on autocrossing meant I barely took the blue car out for cruises, which I REALLY miss. So... long way of saying I'm not doing competitive stuff for the foreseable future and have found other stuff I like doing better. Including tinkering with my car (and occasionally driving it).

So... on to the fun stuff!

I have accumulated some parts.

After being perpetually annoyed by the cheap R-Lip I had (eBay junk, but some of the nicer eBay junk, supposedly), I finally got a nicer one. Was able to snag a never installed RSpeed lip with stainless hardware. This thing is NICE and will def be in an improvement. (Got is at package with an OEM rear lip I am not going to use, since I would need to lose the mudflaps, which I don't want to do).

Other stuff in there:
- New small battery (Deka ETX9) to replace mine, which is dead after 5 (?) years of use.
- Revlimiter ant-glare lenses for my KG Works panel. This one has been in the pile/on the to-do list for way too long
- New belt for the supercharger. Current one got glazed and squeeks when cold. Another one that has been on the to-do list for longer than I'd care to admit.
- All the E85 goodies. Another that has been on the to-do... OK, there is a theme here.One unique thing I did just pick up is the slick Flex Fuel sensor bracket. Made/3D printed by someone over at MT.net and now the sensor will have a nice home that attaches to the passenger shock tower vs. just hanging out somewhere.

OK, so that covers the "stuff I've been meaning to do but have not done" section. Genuinely new stuff:
- New valve cover. Wrinkle red powdercoat to replace my chipping/gloss parts store painted one.

- Some Carbon Miata aluminum door handles from vote4pedro that will likely make me want to get some CM window cranks too.

That's about it for now, but I have some other stuff on the list too mostly related to restoration and fixing some paint/body flaws on the car. More to come on that but I am going to try to update this a bit more frequently than I have as of late. Oh, and I am gong to be deactivating my FB account today as well to truly separate my self from the "car culture" trash that is on there (along with all the other garbage on FB.) that I have to admit was also somewhat responsible for my pulling back from Miata stuff. That **** makes me long for the says of people doing the Swag Pack on their cars. Seems quaint and decent looking vs. the current trends (I am old). Long live CR and forums! Death to Facebook!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Really glad to see a update, Adam! Looking forward to them becoming regular.:) Wise man, death to Fakebook! :suicide:

·
Administrator
15,377 Posts
Hi Adam! :)

I agree, this place was awesome.

·
The colder Adam
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
Feels good to be back here and have some familiar faces (names?) pop up. Hello to you too, Ben (and everyone else)!

I think if our local situation was better for sites I'd still be a bit more interested in autocross. Our main site sucks, frankly and searches for new ones have been mostly fruitless. Still, I've been doing it for about 10 years (yeesh) and it's time for a change. Going back to my 2 long term loves: bikes and tinkering on the Miata/doing not serious stuff with it.

In the interest of keeping the forum post going, I'll plan to post the second blue car on here when I sell it in a couple months.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don’t know that I share the same disdain for the Facebook crowd that some do here, but that might be an age thing. Nice to meet you in person last night Adam. Perhaps I’ll get to meet you one of these days too Brontosaurus.

·
The colder Adam
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Good to meet you to Infedora! Enjoy the lip. I'd love to see your car sometime. I'd love to hear it too.

@brontosaurus, time to update your thread too. If I am not mistaken you have a pretty good reason to get a nice new valve cover...

·
The colder Adam
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
So.... long time no update.

After a lot of thought (and definitely not a lot of driving) I am going to be selling/parting this car at some point in the not too distant future. It's weird, but the car doesn't really give me the joy it once did. I never drive it and find that when I have free time I find other ways to spend it these days. It was a good run, but time to move on with other hobbies and interests.

I'll post stuff when I pull it (prob not until spring, bad time to sell a Miata in MN) but on the off chance someone reading this is interested in the whole car, we should talk. It won't be cheap, as I know what I can get out of it if I part it, but I'm open to discussion.

·
The colder Adam
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
yeah... I am bummed for sure. A lot of good memories and fun had with it. But I just don't drive it anymore and have zero desire to work on it. I have put more miles on my bike this year than I have in the last 4 years combined for the Miata. So... just doesn't make a ton of sense to keep it around.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There's still time to change your mind!!!

Honestly, I got out of Miatas for eight years before they pulled me back in!!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Looks a lot like the new blue Hot Wheels Miata!!! I know what you mean about painting the calipers. Even with using "caliper paint" they chip. Looks like you having fun and that's what it is all about!!!

641 - 660 of 663 Posts