ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to post up a build log of my other side project aside from my 13b NB.

It's a 93 Ford Festiva...aka Mazda 121. I know most of you are like WTF!!! lol and I understand, but I love these little shitboxes. Picked up this gem with 38k original miles for 1200 bucks.

Here it is with the old A-Team paint scheme me and a friend dreamed up one afternoon lol. Sitting on stock wheels and ebay civic coilovers. Snazzy I know!

Threw on my xxr527s for laughs...

Got a wild hair and spent a whopping 47 dollars building the most ghetto turbo setup ever in the history of history...all of which was purchased from home depot.

Raced a full bolt on sn95 mustang...barely lost due to my clutch not holding the new found POWAAAAA!!!! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRESiTob7sg

Decided to get rid of the A-team paint scheme and do a Olive drab/black scheme. Pulled the hell ot of my fenders and stuck the 527s back on and lowered it. the 195/50s look like monster truck tires lol. Also fitted some vw golf mk2 raceland coilovers.

Pulled the stock 1.3l b3 out and dropped in a BP01 B8 1.8l out of a 94 protege. Also painted the bay and did a wire tuck while the motor was out....

And this bring us to the present day. There will be much more to come!

I have new wheels coming shortly, will be doing interior work, and fitting some bolt on flares.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What DK said. I've got a 93 Festiva that has been the source of a TON of fun, including the one time where my brother and I used it instead of a golf cart for an 18-hole game at the local golf course...in the rain. And the damned thing gets like seven thousand miles per gallon.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL! It always seems there are two kinds of Festiva owners, those that are so poor that couldn't afford anything better, or someone bent on raising hell and wreaking havoc on humanity all while getting terrific mpgs! We seem to fit the latter group lol! The turbo setup actually yeilded even better gas milage...I **** you not I got 56mpgs on a 300mi roadtrip! My friends and I were astonished!!!

·
Banned
3,279 Posts
WTF that's crazy MPG. How much power was it making?
You don't ask how much power a car is making when it's getting 56mpg bro. It'll ruin the fun

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, I never dynoed it or anything of the sort, but I would assume around 100-110whp? The car only weighs 1600ish.

Cant decide whether to turbo the B8 ( with none ghetto parts this time around)
Or do a Miata head swap maybe run itbs (Could get way too expensive, but also way too awesome at the same time)

I need to finish my NB before I get too fucking crazy with the Fastiva...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Im trying to help a local kid with one of these. We may be putting a bp in there within this year. Hell, I may pay to do it just to see what it comes out like.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good stuff, they are such light cars! There is a local 'Fastiva' around here that has been for sale several times. If the timing had been different, I would be in this opposed to a Miata!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spocknasty, I've watched that car become what it is today! Its been traded hands quite a few times, He's selling it again currently if you wanna jump on it lol.

I'm looking forward to putting mine on the scale, I've gutted the interior to race car status, Nothing but my Bride, the stock passenger seat, and a tach. No dash, ac or heater core lol. I plan to make it look nicer/barebones soon. Possibly throw in a halfcage. make some door cards. we'll see how things go...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love the car as much as I hate the wheels :p.
Aww shucks that much :D

Painted the valve cover wrinkle black, now I just need to get that smurf jizz off my manifold. And touch up some paint on the body.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts