ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 6762 Posts

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
sorry i forgot to mention, my last picture is a 15x7 +38 w/ a 25mm spacer. itll look close to that, but a bit more flush with 205/50s.
alright. thanks 4 lettin me know.
im a little bit lower than the car in the pic, so i hope it ends up looking good :D

·
who moved my Pinto?
587 Posts
I'll post this info for the people going with flares.

15x9 +0 with a wide 225/45 toyo r888.

-2 chamber in the front.

This will clearly rub the fender line (because of the wide tire), but more important is, it will also rub the front bumper to some degree. I needed to cut away the stock fender/front bumper mount and a little slice of the front bumper. It might be possible to change the support arms and push the bumper and fender out.

Perfect timing. My brother wants to do this with these flairs and he has a serious budget. Where'd you get those amazing wheels? Wats 15x9 0mm?

He doesn't have the car yet (was going to buy a new SLK but I talked him into doing another miata instead - it'll be his second one). Heck, you wanna sell him your car - just make everything easier... :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking at a set of wheels 8'' wide with about +12 offset.
They should come out about as wide as a 7'' +0 (I made a drawing of all kinds of sizes and offsets to see how much differend sizes compare to each other).

This picture shows a 7'' +0 wheel, and it seems to fit quite nicely.

I'm sure it will need rolling the fenders, but I'm wondering what kind of camber you will need to run. Can anyone with a similar setup or experience with different wheel fitments elaborate? The wheel is about half an inch less ''outside'' then a 8'' +0 so maybe i can use some of the 8'' +0 peoples experiences as well.

all right pretty long story i hope you guys can make sense of it.

Skål,

Opgedronken

·
Registered
34 Posts
This might seem like kind of a silly question but I don't think I've seen any specific answers about what to do about camber/alignment... I've got some 15X8 +0 sportmaxes on the car right now (I realize they are not cool anymore but I still like them :eek:), and it is still at stock height like so:

The thing I'm worried about is that right now the wheels/tires are sticking out quite a bit from the edge of the fender, and I'm not sure if negative camber and lowering will be able to take care of it. Here's what I'm talking about:

I have some Tein S-Tech lowering springs that I am going to install (waiting on some shocks so I can install them at the same time), so the fender gap will be reduced somewhat. I'd imagine that during the process of lowering that the top of the tires will be angled in toward the center of the car, and I gather that adjusting for some negative camber will also help with that? I do plan on rolling the fenders to take care of the inevitable rubbing that will occur. Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
So Long Champs are to hard to find in 4x100 so it looks like 4x114 is the only way for me to go. I found adapters but they are 25mm thick. The wheels are 15x7 -1 upfront and 15x7.5 -7 out back. how far out of the STOCK, no pulling of the fenders, will they be? I have a hard time justifying going with crazy camber so only the tops are flush. Now that I am writing all this I don't even know what I am asking...ha.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think Emilio's writeup was mis-leading for 225/50 on a 15x9 on an NB. I had this setup and it rubbed like crazy. So much so that I bought 225/45s and replaced the 225/50's before 100 miles had gone by. Lost a lot of money. The fenders were rolled all around.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
The thing I'm worried about is that right now the wheels/tires are sticking out quite a bit from the edge of the fender, and I'm not sure if negative camber and lowering will be able to take care of it. Here's what I'm talking about:

I have some Tein S-Tech lowering springs that I am going to install (waiting on some shocks so I can install them at the same time), so the fender gap will be reduced somewhat. I'd imagine that during the process of lowering that the top of the tires will be angled in toward the center of the car, and I gather that adjusting for some negative camber will also help with that? I do plan on rolling the fenders to take care of the inevitable rubbing that will occur. Am I missing anything?
Lowering will produce camber, yes, to get your wheels and tires to fit properly without rubbing, you will need to roll/pull your fenders for more of a flush look. If you don't think that will produce the results you're looking for, you can add small flares and gain the clearance needed/wanted.

depends on how far you drop it. after i spun down my coils, i had a good -3deg in the rears & -2.8deg up front pre-alignment
^this. I'm actually into positive camber adjustment territory, as I sit now, than if I were to be at stock height.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
So Long Champs are to hard to find in 4x100 so it looks like 4x114 is the only way for me to go. I found adapters but they are 25mm thick. The wheels are 15x7 -1 upfront and 15x7.5 -7 out back. how far out of the STOCK, no pulling of the fenders, will they be? I have a hard time justifying going with crazy camber so only the tops are flush. Now that I am writing all this I don't even know what I am asking...ha.
How far will the wheels be past the fender, using the fender as a measurement outward to the wheel? That's a really weird question and one I can't really answer. I'll assume you drive a 1.6 with stock wheels. Grab a ruler and walk to your car, put it up to the edge of the front wheel, 3.5 inches further out. Go to the rear, 4 inches further out.

·
Supporting Member
1,269 Posts
anyone know an aggressive fitment for NC's? got some wheels i wanna shed 5x114.3, got em for sale on my 7 forum but no serious bites yet.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
How far will the wheels be past the fender, using the fender as a measurement outward to the wheel? That's a really weird question and one I can't really answer. I'll assume you drive a 1.6 with stock wheels. Grab a ruler and walk to your car, put it up to the edge of the front wheel, 3.5 inches further out. Go to the rear, 4 inches further out.
See that's exactly the answer I was looking for, I do have an NA but on 15 inch NB wheels. Still same measurement?

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I cleaned the thread and took out the non-fitment discussions, discussions on wheel size, and discussions on brakes fitting inside certain wheels.

Continue! Thanks for making this thread work.

·
Registered
756 Posts
anyone know an aggressive fitment for NC's? got some wheels i wanna shed 5x114.3, got em for sale on my 7 forum but no serious bites yet.
i guess i can be the guy that posts the NC fitments that ive had

16x8 et0 with 195/50/16 (should have gone with 205/40/16) first wheels:

16x7 et28 with 195/50/16 (not wide but there alright for now) current setup:

16x8 et42 (not aggressive really :rolleyes:) second set of wheels:

:cool:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
if i got 15*8 0 offsets and my car is 10 hub to fender??? sooo what kinda pull/roll and camber specs should i have?

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Good for stretching and doesn't run wide like grippy tires (azenis, r1r, etc.)

I didn't like them at all personally but XCLR8TN on the forum did iirc and a couple others
wow you have an excellent memory. I had them in 205/40/17, I did like them.

sorry i forgot to mention, my last picture is a 15x7 +38 w/ a 25mm spacer. itll look close to that, but a bit more flush with 205/50s.
Any pic I post is 15x7 +38 with a 25mm spacer. And crazy wide 195s that might as well be 205's.

Fenders: Rolled and aggressively pulled. I actually tamed down the front fenders some later on.. pics with purple wheels = tamed down. Pics with silver wheels = aggressive pull.

See below.

To give you an idea of how "aggressive" the pull was. Stock daisies WITH 25mm spacer, after roll/pull.

With Koseis + 25mm spacer:

I don't have a 100% accurate measurement of fender to hub because the pull but I did measure before taming them down and I was at 11" all around, with -2* of camber all around as well.

Feel free to browse my albums. I'm open to PM's if you have questions.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/01rtgurl/Miata Stuff/
http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae196/XCLR8TN/My Miata Pics/

41 - 60 of 6762 Posts