ClubRoadster.net banner

6741 - 6760 of 6762 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! I'm starting the plans for an NB that I should be picking up within a month or so.

I'm okay with flat rolling fenders but I want to avoid any pulling. The car will have extended lower ball joints for camber, and I'm okay with -2.5 in the front and around -2.0 in the back.

Would 225/45/15 on 15x8 +15 work? Or would I have to go down to 205?

·
Murse Magnet
7,218 Posts
Hey guys! I'm starting the plans for an NB that I should be picking up within a month or so.

I'm okay with flat rolling fenders but I want to avoid any pulling. The car will have extended lower ball joints for camber, and I'm okay with -2.5 in the front and around -2.0 in the back.

Would 225/45/15 on 15x8 +15 work? Or would I have to go down to 205?

Are you driving an na or nb?

·
Administrator
15,188 Posts
That will be a coin toss as to if it needs more than a flat roll. Mainly because of the ELBJs. You should not need those to reach those camber numbers unless your car is damaged. ELBJs remove the "pro" of running camber for clearance because the way you gain camber doesn't increase top of tire to fender clearance, it just shoves out the bottom of tire.

I would guess that setup would need more than a flat roll.

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a set of work meisters 15x10+25. Is anyone running a 11" wilwood big brake kit up front. I have the standard 4 piston calipers. I'm just wondering what face I can get away with on the wheels. “O” disk is the flattest face. “A” disk has more of an angle to the spokes allowing more room behind the wheel. “R” disc has the most bend in the spokes allowing room for larger brakes. A disk is standard which I think I can get away with I just want to double check.

PFA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 94 miata. Cut fenders with CarbonMiata Type 2 flares on all 4 corners. (Which is +35mm in front and +40mm in rear.)
I have temporary no name Coilovers bc i blew 3/4 of my flyin' miata coils and couldnt afford to buy new and bought them second hand so i cant warranty them out.
I just bought a set of 15x9 0et wheels as suggested by several people local to me that run the same Flares. The tire size suggested for a good fitment is 205/50, 215/50, or 225/45. I would prefer to not run stretched tires or atleast minimally stretched tires.

So my question is: What size tires are you running on your car with a similar set up to me?

Attached are a few pics of my car running old wheel set up with unknown dimension wheels and 215/50/15 front tires and 225/50/15 rear tires.

(Yes i'm a n00b and I did do a lot of searching on the thread using key words such as "15x9" and "carbonmiata" in an attempt to find my answer without having to bother anyone but i couldn't what i was looking for.)

Attachments

6741 - 6760 of 6762 Posts