ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 1169 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,519 Posts
This thread's Bible:

Girls don't like to want to figure you out or think about what you're wearing. You want simple, clean choice of casual clothing. Nothing to jump out at anyone, don't draw attention, just look clean and well put-together. You can ABSOLUTELY accomplish this with something as simple as jeans and a t-shirt. Accessorize smartly. Not with man-purses, but with an interesting pair of shoes or a high end backpack (if you need the utility) to show that you know where it's important to spend money and get a quality product.

If something so simple and elegant in the sea of bros wearing the bullshit flat billed hats, skater shoes, pants that don't fit, and shirts with a million logos doesn't get it done, then you need to work on your physique and/or your personality.

Seriously, keeping it simple makes you stand out and attractive to girls these days.

Yesterday i was wearing some nice fitted jeans, a crew neck black fitted t-shirt, a belt EXACTLY like what was shown above, was clean-shaven (well... no guard buzzed, minor stubble), and a pair of Black Puma Squash 2000s. I had girls mentally undressing me ALL DAY. EVERY SINGLE FEMALE.

I'm not an amazingly attractive dude, it's just all how you put it together. Oh, and black makes my beautiful eyes stand out. :lol:
Continue.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Re: The "How to fucking dress yourself" Thread (or The "I can't get any" Thread)

There is always too much grease under my fingernails to dress nicely. I will just ruin nice clothes.

But I like where this thread is going... Nothing like talking about fashion on a Miata forum to dispel certain notions about our cars.

·
9,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man, a guys gotta know how to dress himself. If I wore ratty car show t-shirts and gym shorts everywhere, the only play I'd get would be from other Miata owners, hahaha.

Another fine read: theartofmanliness.com

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Re: The "How to fucking dress yourself" Thread (or The "I can't get any" Thread)

Who knew that the dude that's been in the same relationship for over 5 years would be the one to hand out this advice. :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts

I agree with the OP's quote until it got to the example. Then all that ran through my mind is this dude is just a concieted douche as a bro in a flat brimmed hat.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts

I agree with the OP's quote until it got to the example. Then all that ran through my mind is this dude is just a concieted douche as a bro in a flat brimmed hat.

I can't help it if the gentler sex finds me attractive.

And for me, it's not about trying to figure out what pulls the most ass. I'm happily taken. It's about what i feel good in. Nobody feels good if they're dressed like a fucking hobo or a walking billboard advertising products that you don't even use.

Look good, feel good. Clothes make the man.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts

I got to his example and was mentally undressing him myself

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts

On handbags/messenger bags/murses:

15:21 <WhiteSpy9>
guy at work carries one
it is weird
its like going out to lunch with an extra person
trying to find it a seat

·
9,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keepin it stock = running around in your birthday suit. I can dig.

·
Registered
967 Posts

I need new shoes, thoughts? I tend to wear jeans in the winter and athletic shorts in the summer (probably need to change this, I don't have any "real" shorts). Was going to pick up some Sparco Time 77's for walking around shoes, maybe in white but keeping them clean would be a PITA. Good choice or stupid?

I'll be back for more I'm sure, I take zero thought in dressing myself unless it's for a planned date or a job interview. Or a funeral.

·
Murse Magnet
7,473 Posts
Sdemo I think at some point I guess I don't care what people think of me as much as what I think of me and what I like and dislike.

If I cared that much I guess I would wear the hat I wear or have my messenger bag, or drive a miata an volvo. All of these make me happy and I am fine with that.

I will continue with what it is I do.

·
Traitor!
4,453 Posts

White is a pain in the **** and I would never recommend it unless they're athletic shoes for the sole purpose of beating the hell out of.

I rock short tongued sambas generally when I wear shorts. Simple enough.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts

I need new shoes, thoughts? I tend to wear jeans in the winter and athletic shorts in the summer (probably need to change this, I don't have any "real" shorts). Was going to pick up some Sparco Time 77's for walking around shoes, maybe in white but keeping them clean would be a PITA. Good choice or stupid?

I'll be back for more I'm sure, I take zero thought in dressing myself unless it's for a planned date or a job interview. Or a funeral.

How much walking are we talking? Or do you just want a sexy pair of sneakers?

Those aren't bad... a little busy for me personally, but there's worse out there.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts

White is a pain in the **** and I would never recommend it unless they're athletic shoes for the sole purpose of beating the hell out of.

I rock short tongued sambas generally when I wear shorts. Simple enough.

Sambas are always a classy choice, but they've been replaced by my new favorite "Samba-style" shoe.

Gentlemen: I present to you, the Puma Squash 2000.

Superior fit and finish (and quality of material) to the Samba, less bulky than the Samba, and breathes better than the Samba. There is only ONE downside to these when compared to the Samba, and that's that the Samba has SLIGHTLY more padding/cushion than the Puma, and also has a little more arch support.

The Puma is also available in a variety of classy yet fun colors.

·
Registered
967 Posts

How much walking are we talking? Or do you just want a sexy pair of sneakers?

Those aren't bad... a little busy for me personally, but there's worse out there.
Well I have no idea how many steps I take a day, but basically I wouldn't be working in them since most of the work I do I get dirty. Leather shoes tend to hold up well, and it shows people (top gear voice) I'm a motoring enthusiast.

Edit: Those Pumas are bas add looking. Hmmm. I do like my Puma Formula racing shoes...

·
Registered
398 Posts

If you're wearing athletic shorts, get athletic shoes. If you're actually dressing yourself, and wearing shorts, boat shoes are the way to go. Sambas/ that style of shoe will also work if actually dressing yourself. Just make sure they are in a neutral or muted color.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts

Well I have no idea how many steps I take a day, but basically I wouldn't be working in them since most of the work I do I get dirty. Leather shoes tend to hold up well, and it shows people (top gear voice) I'm a motoring enthusiast.

Edit: Those Pumas are bas add looking. Hmmm. I do like my Puma Formula racing shoes...
So not something you'd wear all day on your feet? Those will be fine, then.

I couldn't wear my Speedcats if i'm walking around ALL DAY. (Car meets, autocrosses, shopping trips, etc...)

But for a few hours at a time, look classy, good driving shoe, good choice. I'd lump the Sparcos in the same category, just again, a little more "busy."

As for the Pumas, if you want something SIMILAR, but a little more comfortable if you're going to be on your feet for an extended period of time (and better breathing), then look at the 76 Runners.

VERY excellent shoe. Lighter than the Squash 2000s, more breathable, more arch support and padding, but a little less support overall. Much less rigid sole. Better driving shoe. Also available in all kinds of colors. I recently purchased the grey suede ones in the second example.

1 - 20 of 1169 Posts