ClubRoadster.net banner
1161 - 1180 of 1214 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I dislike the vast featureless expanse of the vans slip-on.
Assuming you meant expense, they really don't cost that much. I mean, they will if you get them from the official store,, but like… I'm pretty sure multiple of the ones I posted were below 30.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,238 Posts
He's saying that they have a large blank space (expanse). No laces or features to break it up. They look like canvas clogs with a cheap white rubber sole. Lucky for me they don't fit so it will never be my problem.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,164 ·
Folks who play golf, check out JCrews “tech” line of shorts and slacks. I got a JCrew gift card as a Christmas present and decided to take my free gamble on these... honestly about to buy them in every color way.

·
Registered
554 Posts
He's saying that they have a large blank space (expanse). No laces or features to break it up. They look like canvas clogs with a cheap white rubber sole. Lucky for me they don't fit so it will never be my problem.
Oh. Well, that's a way for that word to make sense in the context.
I guess that might not be to everyone's taste. I myself like the clean look.
They do have versions with laces... I can't testify their quality or comfort though.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts

Just ordered these. Can't wait. Probably won't be able to wear them until November in SoFL but whatever. I needed some new jeans.

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,168 ·
You like button fly? I mean it’s comfortable, but what a pain at the urinal.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Button fly doesn't bother me and is pretty standard on most raw denim. It may take an extra half a second but if that's going to make or break me I made a lot of mistakes leading up to that moment anyway.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I've been trying to find some new daily wear sneakers but man, shoes have gotten expensive. What happened to everything being 60-70 bucks. Now everything is 85 plus.

Any suggestions? Janoskis are my favorite shoe. I like the Janoski air max but not for 110 dollars. I've worn out my Adidas seeleys

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I ended up going with a similar pair in a different listing. 63 shipped. They look funky in the pictures but I'm 90% sure it's because they are a smaller size, so they look short and chunky. I've never seen a pair I didn't like that were actually my size, so, unless they're a terrible knock off I don't see why these would

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
have you considered vans? $50 and comfy. its all ive been wearing for like 4 years, the occasional other sneaker thrown in for good measure. i dont like the janoski max at all aesthetically, even though i have a pair and was stoked on them in 2016.

i am trying to get a grasp on clothes again after realizing my jeans are failing at the crotch, and my beloved vans are failing at the toe. i am the "tshirt/jeans/sneakers/hat" guy and im sure my gf (and myself) would be happy if i put effort into clothes again. my fall wardrobe looks like a warped tour crowd and im not in love with that fact. i'd like to stay in touch without being a 24 year old eboy, ive been trying to read up on various magazines. i think the popularization of normcore is cool because sustainable and inexpensive, one of the coolest trends in a long time. speaking on trends, i really like cropped trousers and rolled jeans for casual wear. problem is finding the fit of trousers I like (that are affordable, not fast fashion based, my size). jackets are cool but expensive as well, and i really dont know what to do about headwear still. finding a balance between mature/modern/casual and avoiding something too trendy or too boring is difficult.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,204 Posts
Vans feel like bricks strapped to your feet compared to janoski max. Aesthetic aside, they are light, breathable and comfortable. perfect daily sneaker

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,176 ·
Yeah, can’t say I’ve ever been comfortable in Vans. Janoski are the only skate shoe I’ll wear (any of the variants). Of course, being 30, I’m moving on to NB.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Vans hurt my feet. I've thrown away at least 3 pairs that I had hoped would break in comfortably with no luck. I stick to Adidas and Nike now.

I actually like the Janoski max but I've never liked with a pair so maybe I'll change my mind. At 63 shipped it's worth a shot.

Modern fashion is a mystery to me but I pretty firmly believe that any sort of fashion choice can look good as long as you do it well. There's people in t shirts and jeans with a hat that are better dressed than people who are trying much harder. Imo at least.

Living in Florida will be a trip for me. Most of my fashion decisions have been with cold weather for 2/3s of the year in mind. I'm basically starting over since my summer attire consists almost entirely of cheap t shirts and jeans (or one of the two pairs of shorts I had) with a clapped out pair of shoes because keeping shoes nice in the northeast is impossible.

I like a few pairs of NB but couldn't find them again yesterday. I have no idea which they were.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,204 Posts
I can't get down with NB. The giant N on the side just kills it for me. Asics are my pick for dad shoes.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
vans need a good amount of abuse before they reach peak comfy. im looking at replacing my busted vans with 'shoes like pottery' lows. or some sort of saucony/nb/asics runner, maybe just another pair of vans lol. i have a few drawers with shoes i never wear but i hate how they look other than my one pair of storm blue jordan 1s. im too ugly to pull off the dad shoe and frankly i dont like how most of them look.

also my head is ungroomed, as i havent felt comfortable getting my hair cut during covid. got hammered with friend and gf and shaved it early on and it grew back shitty, so i tried to cut it myself and it went not great. i would like to have better grooming habits and really figure out skincare things. additionally i ran out of cologne like a year ago and never bothered buying more, so thats also on my shopping list to stop being gross.

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,180 ·
I can't get down with NB. The giant N on the side just kills it for me. Asics are my pick for dad shoes.
somehow different than the giant swoosh on the janoskis?

1161 - 1180 of 1214 Posts