ClubRoadster.net banner

1181 - 1194 of 1194 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Tbf the N on the NB is a bit offputting. The swoosh less so. It's less offensive on certain shoes though. I would have liked allbirds but 95 dollars seems like too many dollars.

My hair has been a mess this year. I've had one hair cut in 2020 and I have no idea when I'll be able to get another. Probably when I go back to NY again.. in two and a half months. For Thanksgiving.

Skincare for me is mostly a non issue, beard care is a different story. I make my own beard grooming products though, so I'm obviously very happy with those.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,916 Posts
I make my own beard grooming products though, so I'm obviously very happy with those.
Your plug was too subtle. How you gonna be a millionaire like this?

I'm also in the market for some casual kicks. I've been considering Allbirds but haven't pulled the trigger. Vans, Chucks, and Janoski's aren't comfortable to me. I've tried on several pairs.

I currently have these in rotation for daily abuse. I feel like this picture makes them seem even more obnoxious than they really are, lol.

For actual running shoes I've been wearing Brooks. Local company so that feels good... even if they're made all over the world.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,184
Same. I don’t want anything that requires laces or tying, so I’m thinking slip ons / espadrilles. Had Janoski slips for awhile and liked them, but they’re a bit bulky. Really tempted by Cole Haans “cloudfeel” sneaker / loafers but “end of season” means basically no available sizes.

·
8,916 Posts
Slip on is nice for sure. I've tried a few different Sperry's on but realized I didn't own a boat so never pulled the trigger. The hard part is finding something that works well with both jeans and shorts. I really need a pair of casual boots now that we're about to hit fall again...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
YES LET'S TALK ABOUT BOOTS.

I'll have to live vicariously through you, I can only wear mine two months a year now.

·
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,187
Slip on is nice for sure. I've tried a few different Sperry's on but realized I didn't own a boat so never pulled the trigger. The hard part is finding something that works well with both jeans and shorts. I really need a pair of casual boots now that we're about to hit fall again...
I think you like mocc toe right? Cole Haan has a few good looking options, as well as some penny style slip on sneakers. Also check out Cuater "Tracer" by Travis Matthew.

I ordered the ones I shared above. Cole Haan didn't have my size, but Zappos had it in stock and price matched.

·
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,188
Actual boots with lug soles or "boots"?

·
8,916 Posts
Actual boots with lug soles or "boots"?
I'm not trying to actually wear some Lugz but there's a decent chance they'll have a lower profile lug sole. I've tried on several pairs of chukkas and I just cant get into how they look or feel. And I do prefer a moc toe but not an actual roofing boot.

Maybe it's time that I FULLY embrace the PNW and get some Romeos...

·
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,191
Chelsea boots are cool, but less so with lug soles. I much prefer these...

Chukkas also look terrible with lug soles. Again, similar to Chelsea, the point is to be more refined / dressy than outdoorsy. Lug soles look best with something that looks the part - a work boot like redwing, wolverine, etc.

·
8,916 Posts
White's might be made here, but Romeos are worn here. Like... everywhere here. It's alarming.

I don't mind Chelsea boots but I prefer something with a lace. Also considering a cap toe. Just did a quick search and these are a couple that caught my eye...

Keep in mind I want brown, possibly with a tiny hint of red, and casual. These are PNW everyday boots to be worn with jeans and hoodies.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,253 Posts
I bought a pair of lugged chelsea boots last winter because I was looking for something nice that wouldn't get totally ruined by the elements. The lugs don't go all the way to the edges of the soles which helps quite a bit

·
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,194
^also seem to be shallower lugs than those boat anchors that JR posted

1181 - 1194 of 1194 Posts