ClubRoadster.net banner
1201 - 1217 of 1217 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Okay serious talk time, are they not the same thing?

I learned whatever I learned I don't recall whatever name was attached to it. My dad laced a lace into a tissue box and gave it to us to practice. I assumed they were both just different names for the same technique.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,220 Posts
top tip, tie the first knot in the opposite direction of the second knot and your shoes will never inadvertently come untied

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,207 ·
Or... permanently install stretch laces and get the same result.

I have a BOA system on my golf shoes that I wish would move over to non-sports sneakers.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,337 Posts
I tried some of the weird rubbery no laces deals a while back and did not like. I'll be curious if you like those.

Only down side to boa is needing a knob somewhere. Fine for a function shoe, not sure about aesthetics tho...

·
10,337 Posts

·
I have all the correct opinions.
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,211 ·
Ah, gotcha. The ones I have look just like shoelaces but are stretchy, and are restrained by little plastic tabs just inside the eye lit at the top of the sneaker. Then you cut off the excess lace. It looks exactly like a standard laced sneaker, without the bow.

·
10,337 Posts
I'm 98% sure he was talking to me with that rubber lace garbage. I just wanted something for my workout shoes (Flyknit Metcons) that are basically one piece anyway so laces don't do much. They looked awkward sans laces tho since they're made for them.

I think I'm just going to order Crocs and make life simple. These should do...

·
Resident BMW Apologist
3,220 Posts
I've been meaning to pick up another pair of polarized aviators to stash in my other car, thanks for the heads up b

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Keep an eye on the sizing, cross check with Ray Ban's website to verify they're standard size unless you want something different specifically.

1201 - 1217 of 1217 Posts