ClubRoadster.net banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
A bit of attention to detail from Keegan that I really appreciated. Machining this area out a bit means the washers for the ARP head studs can be installed after the head is placed on the studs. On a normal head you have to place the washers over the holes and then carefully lower the head onto the studs.
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Now that I'm done giggling at how ridiculous this is, time for the part I was dreading. Wasn't exactly looking forward to doing the timing now that its quite the interference engine.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Another chance to use one of my 3D printed tools. This thing was a life saver. The heavy valve springs made getting the gears to sit where I wanted a pain. With this tool, the timing belt just slid right on.
Automotive tire Rim Gear Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive design Gas

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thanks for the update! Btw what cams are you using? They must have some extra lift to make the motor interference….
The cams were custom ground by Keegan. He asked that I don't share the lift and duration info, but they're a bit more aggressive than any off the shelf aftermarket cams.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The things i was waiting on finally showed up. Injector Dynamics 1050X injectors, 36-2 trigger wheel for the fluid damper, and the ultralight 1.6L clutch and flywheel.
Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

Office supplies Font Gas Audio equipment Auto part

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Blue Water

41 - 60 of 75 Posts