ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last week I purchased my 5th roadster. I think it's safe to say I have a problem.

This one is a fairly basic 1990 with 43k miles. Picked it up from a little old lady that owned it since new. This will be replacing my green '99.

Shitty instagram photo from the morning after I picked it up:

Immediate plans:
  • Magnesium Wats 14x6.5 +14.5 & 14x7 +8
  • Corbeau Classic II seats
  • Momo Prototipo or Cavallino steering wheel
  • A metric **** ton of revlimiter stuff
  • Some sort of shorty console

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
winlowe, humming and i say welcome to CR.

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad those went to a good home.

I almost kinda miss them, lol

So why are you going back to a NA? :dunno:
This car was way too good of a deal to pass up and I've decided it makes more financial sense for me to put the NB back to (mostly) stock and sell it rather than flip this one for a quick buck.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
So why are you going back to a NA? :dunno:
what he just said is a complete excuse. He know NA's is where it's at. Plus as the title says.... he clearly has a problem. :woolery:

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I wanted dem Wats too, almost asked if he wanted my Fat Cat Motorsports coilovers but then that would have required cash on top, so....they will look great indeed! I have no doubt it will be a beautiful NA! :)

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks lovely, subscribed.
Dude, where are you in NJ? I can't find a canvas this pretty, anywhere.
I'm in Union County. Found this car in Edison.

Installed the window switch, carpet console and shift boot today after work:

Unfortunately the shift trim ring I bought is just a hair too small to fit over the diameter of the OEM insulator boot. The boot needs replacement anyway - I may go with the Jass boot instead of an OEM replacement as it looks a little narrower.

Also, I was not too impressed with the tombstone cap that came with the carpet console. I've given Garagestar some feedback so they can improve it for future customers.

Tires for the Wats have been ordered, should have them mounted within the next few weeks :bouncin:

1 - 20 of 134 Posts