ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I'm not talking about a drip guard. My idea was to mount it on the vertical part of the wing window frame. It's hard to give a good visual when I don't have PS or good drawing skills :p

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I don't know if this would work so I'm posting it here.....replacing the bulbs in the gauge cluster to white leds, and then taking off what I understand is the green film, and putting red film behind the redline marks. It'd look like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
no, because when you take the green paint film off the back, and the green bulb condoms off, the stock incandescent light comes through more amber/yellow. I don't think you'd get a clean white even if you used LEDs, but you could try it

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I don't know if this would work so I'm posting it here.....replacing the bulbs in the gauge cluster to white leds, and then taking off what I understand is the green film, and putting red film behind the redline marks. It'd look like this:
http://www.revlimiter.net/mods/gauges.php

He explains how it all works and you can make whatever colors you want.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have one for tool box manufacturers (eh hem, snap on CEO if your reading this). Make and adapter bracket assembly for your large tool boxes that will enable a trailor axle or two trailor wheel hub assemblies to bolt on the bottom. Then make another adapter for a trailor hitch neck/ball reciever(giggity) that bolts to the front. Bam! no more having to try to find/rent a trailor to move your tool box around when moving from shop to shop and it allows for a fully equipped mobile repair. Thinking about welding one up just to see how it would work.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have one for tool box manufacturers (eh hem, snap on CEO if your reading this). Make and adapter bracket assembly for your large tool boxes that will enable a trailor axle or two trailor wheel hub assemblies to bolt on the bottom. Then make another adapter for a trailor hitch neck/ball reciever(giggity) that bolts to the front. Bam! no more having to try to find/rent a trailor to move your tool box around when moving from shop to shop and it allows for a fully equipped mobile repair. Thinking about welding one up just to see how it would work.
Find a way to keep tools in place on each tray and you should be good to go. I have a small tool box with various tools i take to buddies house when working on our cars. i dont take it anymore because i would go over a bump and sockets would fall behind the drawers to the bottom of the chest.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would imagine, they sell those big stick on magnet signs for cars and stuff. It would deffinately work, I need to get a bigger tool box so I can try it out.....

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
I could make hard tops with scoops, if there was a decent market for them.

Three words: Universal Air Jacks

Who here is tired of dragging out their jack to investigate that funny noise, or breaking out the blocks to get your car high enough to get the jack under there at all? On several occasions, I've wished for a switch to automatically raise my car for service, only to be disappointed when I realize I don't have air jacks. Someone should make a somewhat universal kit to allow those wonderful things to be mounted on almost any car with relative ease. I could get an aluminium tank and keep it full just in case, or you could even get a small compressor to have a constant supply. Hell, you could even mount a schrader valve somewhere and just use it as needed. I'm going to look into this.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Okay, here's an idea of mine. Wanting to get some feedback before I go ahead and chop up my hood.

I have a DIY Randall intake. I just fitted a 3" pipe to replace the smaller one I had in there. Problem is now part of the hood brace comes in contact with the tube and raises the hood a half inch on one side when closed. So I was thinking about cutting a square (6"x4") into the bracing to allow for more clearance. Additionally, now that I'll have no bracing there, I'd like to mold in a set of louvers to allow for more airflow into the intake. But I have a few questions:

1. What would this do to the structural integrity of the hood? I can't imagine it taking away much.
2. Since the Randall intake works off cowl induction, would the louvers work better with the opening facing front or back? I'm thinking backwards but just getting a second opinion.
3. Finally, would this screw with the high pressured air in the firewall area and completely defeat the purpose of the intake?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Years back I had a ride in a friends Mercedes and remember thinking how smooth the ride was. I remember thinking "how could you make it even smoother?"

I thought well there's a pothole you hit it and ur shocks/sus components react to it. Right then I thought, well what if ur shocks knew what's coming ahead of time? Like have a scanner reading the road and have some sort of computer telling hydraulic shocks what's:fp: coming up so they would compress for bumps and extend for holes.

I swear I had never heard of anything like it. This was about 8 years ago.

Long story short I saw this very similar technology being developed by some manufacturer( not sure who)
It's not like I had the know how to make a design or the money to get it patented but I still couldn't help but bangmy head on the wall after I saw it.
I believe what your thinking of is the Bose Active Suspension.

It uses electromagnetic fluid to modulate the dampers. A think a few luxury brands have given it a try, but i havent seen much about it as of late.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I barely have enough headroom as it is! Haha.

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

181 - 200 of 237 Posts