ClubRoadster.net banner

221 - 237 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Accusump setup, if I had to guess.

Correct.

I had a few of these from some racecar corvettes I worked on. I rebuilt a few and kept them. Out of boredom I installed one on my '03. I removed it when I sold the 03, and now it is happily residing with a time-attack NSX.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
A lot of people don't think they are neccessary for the Miata since they are illegal for Spec Miata and the Miata doesn't oil starve like other cars.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well a while ago I designed (I mean blueprinted, engineered on autodesk, even sent to the patent board) an engine that utilized the heads from a Hayabusa to a v8 design just to learn that there was a company that already built this. So out of spite I have been (slowly) designing an engine that utilizes the heads from the new ZX-14.

First, I increased the v bank (not much mind you) to strengthen the block so I could twin turbo the setup. I wanted to utilize watercooled turbos, but instead of running a second pump, I decided to design the waterpump on the engine to also push water into the turbos. At first I was looking to use a VTECH style cam system, but then (after realizing I don't want to credit honda) I looked into fiat's old rally cars.

They have some very cool valve designs and that is where I hit a snag. There are so many to choose from, while engineering them is task within itself, they pose to much win to not try.

Lastly, the turbos. I started design with a set of normal turbos, but then as I thought about it I decided to go with mirror image turbos, both with anti-surge ports and external gates and bovs. I have contacted several companies about making these and only one said they would do it. Now they will either charge me a HEFTY fee for designing it, or I can figure it out myself. I am not sure yet as to which I will choose.

Then the fuel system comes in. I want to use individual throttle bodies with EFI and a staging system that could be electronically controlled (this will be explained next paragraph). I want to run this setup because not only is power instant, but it feels right.

Okay, so in a lot of cars nowadays, you can set the suspension to road, sport, or race. Well imagine if you could set your engine to that as well. Normally there is a system of springs that opens each throttle slower as to save mpg (which is how street would be) but then this system sets it up so in sport they pull quicker (as well as quicker and stronger cam response) and then in race, they would nearly activate all at the same time. In race it would feel like full throttle or no throttle.

What do you guys think?
You win this thread.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd like to see aero catches that fit the reflector holes in the bumper. That would be a neat touch for qr bumpers instead of pull over laches, bobbins or zip ties.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I would love to see a Miata based Ginetta G4.

Can you imagine? Beautiful 60's Brit roadster styling with Miata running gear. Drool.

+

+

a tube frame

=

:fap:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Correct.

I had a few of these from some racecar corvettes I worked on. I rebuilt a few and kept them. Out of boredom I installed one on my '03. I removed it when I sold the 03, and now it is happily residing with a time-attack NSX.
went to the accusump site. would a msm benefit from this? and why aren't cars coming from the factory since it looks like a simple, effective, and reliable product?

·
Registered
531 Posts
went to the accusump site. would a msm benefit from this? and why aren't cars coming from the factory since it looks like a simple, effective, and reliable product?
It is simple, reliable, and effective. But OEMs are cheap, and if nobody else is doing it, it just makes your car $300 harder to sell.

·
Registered
848 Posts
It is simple, reliable, and effective. But OEMs are cheap, and if nobody else is doing it, it just makes your car $300 harder to sell.
That and the OEMs are not going to be interested because :

1. One more maintenance step (Checking the pressure.)
2. Increases oil capacity, so it would be only a matter or time till someone failed to put enough oil in the car because they forgot about the accusump.
3.It is added cost, and would require them spending money on testing, packaging, and implementation.
4. It is needed for the majority of road cars, and the vast overwhelming public never drives their car in a manner that would spill a glass of water.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ever hate cats and have trouble getting your dog to eat at the same time? Everyone knows dogs love cat poop! Cat poop dog food! Round up all your stray cats and give them a home.

Step one: get all cat poop and grind into a powder.
Step two: get paint sprayer and spray cat poop onto generic dog food and relabel as your own.
Step three: profit!

Hell you can even kill all the cats and throw one into each bag like a goodie prize in cereal! Feed your dog, eliminate cats and make money!
That was too funny. I need to read more of these.

221 - 237 of 237 Posts