So I had a really bad oil leak.
Pull the motor and I changed all of this
Valve cover gasket
Oil pump
Front crank seal
Rear main seal
Tranny seals
Oil pan gasket

Now I drive it for about 300 miles and it still leaking and this is what I replaced cuz I thought it was powersteering fluid
Pump
Little hose
Resivor to pump hose

And the thing still leaks, let me restate that. It sprays oil cuz its getting on the header and the rest of the exhaust system. Also there is fluid on the hood near the powersteering area. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Do you have any pics?

Where's it leaking from?

It's usually pretty easy to find out. Wipe it all down completely clean, then run it a bit and trace the oil up and to the front of the car.

When I bought my first NA my valve cover actually had a hairline crack in it believe it or not. It took me forever to find it, but once I did, I just pulled the valve cover and did a little JB weld action. lol

But yeah, I wouldn't just replace things without first figuring out exactly where it's coming from.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had the same problem with my power steering hose, and no matter how much i tightened it it still leaked. I ended up getting a new hose and the problem was solved. The mechanic at the shop said that they just wear out after a while and need to be replaced even though they look fine.

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts