ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Decided I should probably attempt at a Build Thread. A lot of this is already done but I have pictures and stories to tell, so lets begin!

This is Marilyn. You'll see why I named her that soon enough.

I bought her from a Honda Dealership while trading in my 2004 Honda Accord that I had named "The Illcord" since I put a Illest sticker on it and I was cool. ;).

Soon after I decided it would be smart to take some better photos, so I took a couple.

Then I decided that she was too plain. My first victim would be her wheels.

Soon after I got even dumber and decided that her nose had to have a design as well. So I used the remaining plasti-dip to paint her badge.

She needed to look meaner, so I got a pair of Eyelids from I.L Motorsports (And conveniently didn't take any photos until after they were installed, and AFTER I named her Marilyn! And this is why.

(The Plasti-dipped Tow Hook Cover that looks like a mole...)
MORE TO COME SOON!

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
After she finally got her name, It'd be best to take some better photos :hello kitty:

I Finally decided to put her first big modification on with a brand new Good Win Racing Front Splitter (front lip)

Shortly after that, since I had a front lip, I presumed that I was dorifto master, and had a bit of an accident.

After I became less butthurt, a couple friends and I had some fun with it.

MORE SOON! :bouncin:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Lol, get another bumper and stop drifting on public roads ;P. You're lucky you didn't wrap the car around a pole or end up in jail. If you want to learn how to do awesome things in your car, sign up for as many autocrosses as you can so you can learn to control your car in a safe environment and avoid damaging it like that. There are also drift events you can sign up for.

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, get another bumper and stop drifting on public roads ;P. You're lucky you didn't wrap the car around a pole or end up in jail. If you want to learn how to do awesome things in your car, sign up for as many autocrosses as you can so you can learn to control your car in a safe environment and avoid damaging it like that. There are also drift events you can sign up for.
Don't worry, a lot of this is past events, I've learned my lessons! You'll see soon!

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
After the trauma ended, a new bumper was in the works. This time I thought the front badge should go.

After that, I got some JDM YO! Yellow Fog Lights

Then some Enkei Tenjin 17x8 ET45 Black W/ Machined Lips

Then Finally a RoadsterSport (Good-Win-Racing) Race Exhaust

Then some dumb stickers

Finally, some time later, I thought some Coilovers would be a good idea. So I slapped some Stance Coils on her (sorry no good pictures of the actual coilover, but a photo of my friend Julio (Wholeo on CR.net) helping me install them

MORE SOON! :icon_cheers:

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Shortly after the coilovers were installed, I tried to take the same photo I took the first day I got her

Then I proceeded to have lots of fun for awhile

Then I thought I should try my luck on a track for the first time. So off to Autocross I'd go!

I lost a lug shortly before Autocross, so I got some new BlackWorks Steel lugs rather than my previous NRG Aluminum Lugs.

Soon after, I decided for some reason that I wanted my car to be even louder and more annoying, so here comes the Racing Beat Race Midpipe

MORE SOON or something. ;)

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Uh... Whoops?

As I was calmly driving to a weekly car meet with cruise control on coasting along at 60mph, I somehow got a rod knock. Confused as to how as I had oil in the car and everything. Anyways, we followed her to my mechanic.

And proceeded to take this junk out.

While in there, my trusty mechanic found that my clutch looked like crap, I came down, looked at it and saw that it was in crap condition, so I went ahead and got an Exedy Stage 1 clutcheroonie. and we put this new ford engine in here.

In here btw, if you wanted to see what it looks like in an NC

I decided to splurge a bit and get new parts.
First the wheel, the Momo Mod .78

Then the cold air intake (which I didn't put in for a very long time (and yes I painted it purple for some reason))

So for now she looked like this

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
#nocomment

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.