ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by a discussion in RT and my own personal interests, I think it would be real nifty to have a thread about living spaces. Cost, decor, just ideas for those who have nothing better to do over winter than move furniture around.

I live in an ~600sqft apartment with two other guys near my college campus. It has radiators and no central air, and has been generally neglected from the previous owner of the building. The cost (split between the 3 of us) is around $1270, depending on utilities. Here's some pictures of what the place looks like after a bit of tidying up:

My room:
I want more things on walls, and actual speaker stands, and I will be pretty happy with the space.

Living room:
Landlord is replacing the godawful lighting fixture, and I want a plant and something to hang above the couch. Otherwise I'm cool with how it sits. Charlie brown tree and stocking bc festive.

Kitchen:
Gets dirty way too fast. Anyone have any ideas on what to put above the shelves? Also, yes that baseboard has fallen off. Kitchen needs some serious love.

Bathroom:
I have scrubbed this tiny ass room, but roommates don't keep anything clean ever. I HATE this bathroom, but I have a few odds and ends to make it a little nicer coming in the mail. Will post pics, see if I made it better or worse.

For a college apartment, ain't mad. Most of the furniture was free.99 aside from my dresser and desk. Anyways, suggestions are greatly appreciated. Post your house/apartment/dungeon/questions/etc. here! :D

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
You have 12 hours to change those pictures to something better, or enjoy a short vacation. Kittens will suffice.

I don't log on here to feel the urge to vomit prior to eating breakfast.

Timestamp: 9:18AM EST

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have 12 hours to change those pictures to something better, or enjoy a short vacation. Kittens will suffice.

I don't log on here to feel the urge to vomit prior to eating breakfast.

Timestamp: 9:18AM EST
in4 still getting banned because of my apartment

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Hahahaha that Siamese is great. Kitteh lurrrrrve warmness.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
My living room. Bought a house and finished the renovation the other guy started. Built the TV stand and shelves from scratch.

Dining room. Built the table from scratch and painted/lit up the cabinet.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Wow! Nice job on the TV stand/shelves! Those look great. :)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Wow! Nice job on the TV stand/shelves! Those look great. :)
All from scratch, fitting based on your car build. :D I really like that dining room table.
Thank you thank you, it was a pain in the ass. Notice the lips on the shelves are simply pieces of a pallet where the forklift would come scoop up the pallet. :haiguyths:

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Was that your first time making something like that? Or did you have prior experience?

·
Registered
137 Posts
What's wrong with Grumbles' apt? It looks tidy to me, and I don't see anything vomit worthy, or cigarette butts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is my studio apt where I'm living for my senior year of college. No roommates ftw :domo:

Computer Science major, so the battlestation has to be on point.

sleepy time place.

cooky fooding area

·
Registered
53 Posts
Monitor audio?? nice. I have a set of bronze 2's
Yup! These are the bronze 2's as well. I love them, but I end up using my headphones for most things so I don't drive my neighbors nuts... thin walls. I'm assuming you have the earlier model bronze 2's?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts