ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Nice work!

Danke. I actually have all three "bedrooms" (My office, Crystal's office/hobby room, and guest bed) all done, but they look pretty much identical other than the guest bed being bigger and actually having a set of sliding luan doors over the closet. Wish i had taken pics of that room before i slammed a bunch of our crap in it due to the downstairs issues.

Space looks nice. LMK when you're hiring me to be your decorator.

You and i have similar tastes, i think you'll probably approve of the coming pictures in the next few weeks. ;)

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,516 Posts
Ben, def install closet organization while doors are off / not yet installed. Some real decent cheap options from ClosetMaid.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Ben, def install closet organization while doors are off / not yet installed. Some real decent cheap options from ClosetMaid.

Yep on the agenda, although removing doors takes a whole 45 seconds.

None of the upstairs closets are going to be used for traditional closet stuff other than maybe guest bed, so i can get away with just doing 2-3 shelves in each and calling it done.

Where i'll go ham with the closet organization is the master bedroom closet when i get to it. (hopefully sooner rather than later. We're missing out on a big chunk of the square footage of this place due to rooms not being liveable at the moment) ~200sqft closet ftw.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,201 Posts
Have you tried looking for the doors at a local lumberyard? I know all our interior doors are two panel with arching at the top which aren't carried by the big box stores. I did find a local place that can order in the exact ones we have.

My wife hates the bi-fold doors all the closets save the master use. This is likely due to her penchant for overloading closets (and the fact the carpet installers removed the lower centering pieces without putting them back).

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Have you tried looking for the doors at a local lumberyard? I know all our interior doors are two panel with arching at the top which aren't carried by the big box stores. I did find a local place that can order in the exact ones we have.

My wife hates the bi-fold doors all the closets save the master use. This is likely due to her penchant for overloading closets (and the fact the carpet installers removed the lower centering pieces without putting them back).

Those centering pieces are about... $3.50 at Home Depot Racing. (I am also missing them in every room.)

I haven't looked real hard yet for the doors. Not a huge priority and i've been trying to decide if i can easily put bifolds where sliders once were without pulling out frames, which i'm not interested in. A bifold would work much better in my office since i'd like to have the vinyl cutter in there, and it's too big for the opening a slider setup affords.

·
3,201 Posts
Those centering pieces are about... $3.50 at Home Depot Racing. (I am also missing them in every room.)

I haven't looked real hard yet for the doors. Not a huge priority and i've been trying to decide if i can easily put bifolds where sliders once were without pulling out frames, which i'm not interested in. A bifold would work much better in my office since i'd like to have the vinyl cutter in there, and it's too big for the opening a slider setup affords.

I know, it's a low priority for me too. Only two rooms still have these doors, one is a guest room and the other used as overflow for my wife's clothes. She can deal with it as-is for now.

You should be able to find bi-folds close to the opening size. Easy button would be to get some smaller, then use 2 X 4s to fill in and wrap those with drywall.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
The openings are standard 48x80, what i'm wondering is if i can use the existing upper sliding tracks. I already painted and fixed all the trim up here, i'm not taking it out or covering it up. :lol:

·
3,201 Posts
I don't think the tracks are the same. Sliders have the rollers at 90 degrees to the plane of the door and use a double track. IIRC the bi-folds have the roller coming off the top and use a single track. That isn't to say you can't switch tracks and cover stuff up for now.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Finished room looks great!

We put up our Christmas lights. Quick phone pic but the stupid street light made them all look white. They are actually red and white. But at least I got my blinky deer out this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks! I really like my house. It's like a little cottage. You can't see from the front that it's crazy long since the garage is in the back. Perfect for chasing the cats.

My Portland house was by far my favorite, even though it was so old it didn't have closets.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thanks! I really like my house. It's like a little cottage. You can't see from the front that it's crazy long since the garage is in the back. Perfect for chasing the cats.

My Portland house was by far my favorite, even though it was so old it didn't have closets.
Admiring all of that, does any of the landscaping bloom in the spring/summer? (I LOVE plants)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
A good bit of it does. Some roses and then the little bushes like the catmint bloom nice, smaller flowers. I actually want to take out all of the pine straw (wtf, the south) and replace it with mulch. Also, replace all of the grass around the house with mulch and some more natural looking bushes and grasses to cut down on maintenance.

·
Too young to #swag
1,738 Posts
Never remembered to put up a pic of the temporary apartment setup. I've been a big fan of the platform bed style since I've had it. Just use a few of my current books I'm reading as a makeshift nightstand for my wallet and keys. I don't like a lot of clutter for the most part.

Desk setup with dual PCs.

Night setup

I've been really working on learning music production so set this side up for that.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,266 Posts
yeah we have a platform style bed at my house it's called "plop the box frame on the floor and call it a day"

61 - 80 of 95 Posts