ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

(⌐■_■)
what countertops are those?

I'm debating what flooring I want to put on the mainlevel bc the previous owner fucked it- probably going to be a vertical grain douglas fir / pine to emulate the original floors and 2nd story

Administrator
They've already got one layer of acrylic on them. Need another 1-2 coats of that, then 2-3 coats of wax.

They've already been polished. I'll get some detail pics this weekend when i'm happy with the acrylic coats at least. :)

They were tinted/dyed when they were poured, and during the finishing process we sanded through the top layer into the rock aggregate on purpose. Any resulting pinholes were filled with a nearly-black dyed portland cement. They're not near as uniform or boring looking as they look in that pic. (That was early morning, lighting was bad.)

Mufasa in Training
They've already got one layer of acrylic on them. Need another 1-2 coats of that, then 2-3 coats of wax.

They've already been polished. I'll get some detail pics this weekend when i'm happy with the acrylic coats at least. :)

They were tinted/dyed when they were poured, and during the finishing process we sanded through the top layer into the rock aggregate on purpose. Any resulting pinholes were filled with a nearly-black dyed portland cement. They're not near as uniform or boring looking as they look in that pic. (That was early morning, lighting was bad.)
Ahhh, OK. It just wasn't obvious from the picture.

Registered
concealer, sup with pics without jdm angle lol

Is the kitchen floor going to continue past the current cutoff line?

Administrator
Couldn't get whole kitchen in without angle stuff on phone. Will get some better pics tomorrow when i get next 2 steps done on the tops.

Floor will stop there, the stuff next to it is red oak hardwood. Waiting on transition until bartop wall cap is done.

Administrator
With an off the shelf transition made to match the new floor lol. Already have one between dining and living room if you want pics now. ;)

If you follow me on Flickr you get an up to date play by play. :)

81 - 95 of 95 Posts