ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you play games on the Wii? I especially love that I can get older NES, SNES, TurboGrafx-16, Sega Genesis, & other classic console games on the Wii Virtual Console. This is probably the main reason that I got a Wii. I love my old-skool video games on the big screen. That & I have pretty much been a sucker for Mario & Zelda.

The Wii also seems to have a lot of quirky games. Some of the remind me of games like Parappa the Rappa, Um Jammer Lammy, Incredible Crisis, Bemani type games, & junk. I love them!

I can't wait for the Wii "U", "HD", "Project Cafe", or whatever it's going to be called either.

So what about you? Playing new Wii games? Classic console games on Wii? Still like your Wii? Hate it?

:phillyb:

·
Registered
400 Posts
If the main reason to get a Wii was old console games, totally should look into Emulators ;)

I will say, the Just Dance games are fun as hell haha. They had one on display in the mall and me and my friend played it for hours. We had a huge crowd haha. It's was FUN.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I have a few emulators, but I guess I'm old-skool & kinda like playing them on the TV with a controller & junk. That & I can't ever seem to find unadulterated classic ROMs, especially anything with Nintendo. Too many hacked & slashed ROMs.

I'm with you on that. I still play Dance Dance Revolution anytime I see it at a mall, arcade, or sometihng. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm working on making my computer into like an old-school console machine. It would be awesome to boot up old school Mario Party, through the TV, and my Computer lol. I've already got the controllers for it. They even have a Wii emulator ;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have 2 wii's. One modded and one stock. And neither of them ever get played. Just a thought, if you live your old systems and old games, why not BUY the old stuff. I've been slowly building my collection. I hate the "just emulate it" comments.

The wii was a fun novelty, briefly. But Nintendo needs to seriously rethink its position in modern gaming. The only people I know who use Nintendo products are either 12 or 42.

I almost want to say that Nintendo should go the way of sega and become a software developer. I would KILL to see what Mario galaxy or something would look like in beautiful 1080p off of a ps3 or Xbox. Same goes for Zelda.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have 2 wii's. One modded and one stock. And neither of them ever get played. Just a thought, if you live your old systems and old games, why not BUY the old stuff. I've been slowly building my collection. I hate the "just emulate it" comments.

The wii was a fun novelty, briefly. But Nintendo needs to seriously rethink its position in modern gaming. The only people I know who use Nintendo products are either 12 or 42.

I almost want to say that Nintendo should go the way of sega and become a software developer. I would KILL to see what Mario galaxy or something would look like in beautiful 1080p off of a ps3 or Xbox. Same goes for Zelda.
I don't buy, because, I can barely find the games for the systems. Emulation is a way of enjoying the older games from a time you were never born, at least for me. You can get almost any form of controller in USB format nowadays, so, IMO, it's one of the best ways of getting the old-school potential out of games, without owning 50 different systems.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'd get them all, but having multiple hardware, accessories, & games gets a bit annoying after a while. I've had every just about every single system up to the PSX era. Lost interest after that up untill the Wii showed up.

NES
SNES
Master System
Genesis
TurboGrafx-16
Nintendo 64
Sega Saturn
Playstation One

It would be crazy expensive for me at this point as well. I wish I could go back in time & buy 1 of each system & bring them back to today unopened. They would be worth some money now. Imagine having an unopened NES system that came with Duck Hunt, Super Mario, & Gyromite with R.O.B. That would fetch so much money on eBay. :p Too bad that I was only thinking of playing them back in the day.

I get what you're saying about the Wii. They do have a ton of kid games & a bunch of other lame titles. I'm not a fan of first person shooters (Halo, Battlefield, etc.), but Nintendo does need to pump some more stuff into the system. Hopefully they address this in the upcoming system. If not, make us a super awesome Mario & Zelda game once again. Haha! They also need to add HDMI capability, optical out, & stuff. I want to see the colors & feel the games through my audio system!

:hello kitty:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
One of the best Nintendo-esque titles recently was the little big planet franchise... And that was ps3 :(

I scored a mint in box virtual boy a few months ago, as I already had 7 games for it (I got all of them for 5 bucks at a garage sale) but after playing the console for Bout an hour and a half, the right lense started glitch ing out and wouldnt display properly :(. But I was able to return it and get my money back

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
196 Posts
One of the best Nintendo-esque titles recently was the little big planet franchise... And that was ps3 :(

I scored a mint in box virtual boy a few months ago, as I already had 7 games for it (I got all of them for 5 bucks at a garage sale) but after playing the console for Bout an hour and a half, the right lense started glitch ing out and wouldnt display properly :(. But I was able to return it and get my money back
My bro had a virtual boy when they came out and it was seriously bad for your eyes...but a neat toy nonetheless.

I still rock my sega genesis and nes, but bought an emulator for ease of use and use that about as much.

As for the wii, I like it because I can pick it up and play it for 10 minutes, then put it away. If I get into a PC/xbox game, I'll be in the same spot for 4 hours. They're too complicated and distracting. The will is a fun way to veg. out for half an hour after a long day at work. I don't have time for in-depth games anymore. I need something I can put down when I need to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts