ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
With what's known now, that thing is way overpriced. 30 grand for a miata.... lol... prht will make it go into you're an idiot money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I mean, it starts at 25, it's 29 for a club and I think 30 for the LE which is missing some club items lol!

it's also releasing with like 2 of the same colors, I think some region gets 3 of the same colors.

Mazda be like we know you like white so here's three whites.

it's stupid but Im definitely interested in that Ceramic White

·
Super Moderator
2,536 Posts
On my third miata, two NA and now driving a NC; I am NOT sure who rides in a Miata and like you doubt they've ever drank from a Big Gulp. Miata cupholder placement sucks! THREE TIMES HORSEPOWER?? Easy to comment on Mazda's design choices, as Mazda goes for the numbers of buyers.. which will always leave room for mods later. You should see the Flyin Miata's Supercharger which totally changes the power for an NC , costs are ~ $5,200 complete / $7500 Installed (but doesn't raise HP x 3); plus I'm sure it won't be long before Flyin Miata has a kit for ND model. FM makes good stuff. I won't consider an ND until they come out with PRHT as it's spoiled me completely even if the ND isn't 'really' a ragtop. davzway
Why do you think I got a NC? Big gulp on the door, 2 big gulps in the console, big gulp on the passenger door, and big gulp held by the passenger. I can't be driving around with a dry mouth.

You're probably right that 3x the power is too much, but double should be doable. With all the minivans out there hitting 250+ anymore I see no reason why the miata couldn't hit 300. Just throw in another cylinder if necessary. I know the Chevy Colorado already did the leg work for that type of motor and it was rear wheel drive so Mazda could just make it fit the miata.

FM does make good products, like how they thoughtfully put a bottle opener in their can gear tool so I can get hammered while doing a timing belt job. Its like they know that we as miata owners aren't going to be drinking any beer shitty enough to have a twist off lid.

The power hard top is not an option I really care for. Too slow to put up and down.

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
I might be getting one actually. I'm waiting for my local dealership to get one in to take a test drive in order to make my final decision
I'm thinking the same thing because I have to make sure my GF is comfortable in it. I don't expect them to have any available for test drives for a long time though.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Local dealer in Franklin TN has a Launch Edition that someone backed out on, it's only $32,390 if I have that price right. Also says 2 were loaded on the truck yesterday and should be there soon, 1 white and 1 black but both are autos.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Anyone driven one yet?

I know nobody at this forum cares about this car, but I'm morbidly curious anyway.
Looked at one, but I want yellow and hard top. So, I can wait. Beautiful car in the flesh though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You either love it or hate it....its the next generation. We will see how long this body stays from how many are sold. Some of us love the NA or NB so much that hate on all other versions. Cup holders have always sucked in the Miata. Hopefully they get it right this time.

·
1000% Jake
4,430 Posts
You either love it or hate it....its the next generation. We will see how long this body stays from how many are sold. Some of us love the NA or NB so much that hate on all other versions.
Really? I thought most of the hate, if there was any at all, was for the styling refresh on the NC.

I don't know how anyone can hate any Miata. Even an automatic - it's just a transmission swap away from being a good car.

As for this one, it represents the biggest single change to the car in it's entire lifetime. I'm really looking forward to owning one.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't in the market for a 2016 Miata. I don't believe in buying something when it first come out, the 2017 Miata will be available with a folding Targa top which is just awesome.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts