ClubRoadster.net banner

The Official F1 Thread

253K views 3K replies 237 participants last post by  HarryB 
#1 ·
Not sure how many people here live and breathe F1, but wanted to start a sticky thread on the current season and results.

Thoughts on France and the upcoming Britain/Silverstone race....

See less See more
#7 ·
did Speed televise , canada/ France. cause i tried to set my dvr to record it and couldnt find it on the guide. i was able to record both practice and qualifying. so i didnt see either race.

on that note , i cant believe hamilton hit Kimi like that .
i wish i couldve seen france , cause those tight turns at speed are killer camera shots

#8 ·
did Speed televise , canada/ France. cause i tried to set my dvr to record it and couldnt find it on the guide. i was able to record both practice and qualifying. so i didnt see either race.
Raceday coverage was on Fox. I nearly missed the race because my DVR changed firmware and a bunch of my recordings got dumped :x

Of course, once Hamliton ran into Kimi, I turned it off #-o

#9 ·
canada and france was on Fox. British GP might be on Fox too, so double check!

canada was all sorts of awesome. i wish i could've gone again!

did anyone else think kimi should've been pulled into the pits for the hanging exhaust? i dunno, seems like "they" are out to get McLaren and make sure Ferrari wins the championship again. =\

#12 ·
did anyone else think kimi should've been pulled into the pits for the hanging exhaust?
If it'd been any other team...you'd better believe it. FIA steward would have been all over it. Since it's Ferrari and supposedly Ferrari "is" Formula 1, they wouldn't want to anger the front-running band of tifosi, now would they?

#13 ·
canada and france was on Fox. British GP might be on Fox too, so double check!

canada was all sorts of awesome. i wish i could've gone again!

did anyone else think kimi should've been pulled into the pits for the hanging exhaust? i dunno, seems like "they" are out to get McLaren and make sure Ferrari wins the championship again. =\
Yes, that thing was hanging on my the sensor cable...and the burn marks on the side were just brutal. In the post conference, Kimi always just annoys me, but I find him an incredible driver.

What about Piquet! He got a point (finally) - yea. And Alonso was mad - all is well.

#16 ·
#18 ·
France was awesome. I hate fox coverage though didn't get to see the whole beginning interviews on the grid. Didn't see the post race interviews. Screw Fox.

I am starting to root for Kubica/BMW he has a lot of skill, and he seems like a decent person.

That being said I wish Sebastian Bordias would do better, he dominated in Camp car, and his wife is effin hot. Plus I like the STR cars, specially the new design.

#19 ·
You guys have no idea how the F1 race week-end is in downtown Montreal...It's just awesome . Big Party 3 days long , Fine Women everywhere , crazy cars all over downtown area , it's a must see for anyone.
The race In Montreal was crazy , and Kubica's win was nice too!. I missed france though...

#21 ·
is eccelstone out to get the BRDC? what gives?

one has to wonder whether he has any friends or if he just enjoys burning bridges...
As someone on M.net wisely pointed out, he's just an extortion artist. Note that he always makes a press release about not renewing contracts a week or less before the actual race. He's trying to conjure emotional (not logical) support to bring in more money. End of story.

#23 ·

one has to wonder whether he has any friends or if he just enjoys burning bridges...
As someone on M.net wisely pointed out, he's just an extortion artist. Note that he always makes a press release about not renewing contracts a week or less before the actual race. He's trying to conjure emotional (not logical) support to bring in more money. End of story.
Very good point. But why is he threatening that there will be no Brit GP if Donnington can't put together its upgrades? Shouldn't he keep the Silverstone door open?

It seems to me that losing the Brit GP would be horrendously stupid at this point in time. As one of the news outlets pointed out, F1 had a contract with Brands Hatch but then Brands couldn't deliver on its upgrades, so the Brit GP went back to Silverstone. I think this should be the case here as well - if Donnington can't finish its upgrades/get its permits, then it goes back to Silverston - NOT a cancellation of the 2010 Brit GP!!

Seriously, you get a budding superstar like Hamilton to replace Schumi and you do this to his home crowd? I thought the FIA was supposed to promote motorsports.... :?

#24 ·
Its crazy, most of the teams are in the UK and not having a British GP would be stupid. Plus most of the team members are from the UK and you've got 3 drivers from there and 1 that is doing tremedously well being new to F1. Its almost like the home of F1.

#26 ·

Very good point. But why is he threatening that there will be no Brit GP if Donnington can't put together its upgrades? Shouldn't he keep the Silverstone door open?
Simple. It really doesn't matter which one ponies up--as long as one of them does. That said, Bernie's feud with the folks at Silverstone doesn't help his case much.

To answer Bob's question, I got a kick out of Rubens making his run. I still wonder what would have happened if he'd have stayed on full wets, tho. I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" at the TV when Lewis came in and put on another set of Inters :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.