ClubRoadster.net banner

3281 - 3300 of 3301 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,664 Posts
Yes and you are a pretty big nerd, Bryan.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.
I take no offense :)

I can appreciate all eras of F1, even those banal soulless V8 cars (back when Jenson Button and Brawn ran the most plain looking car in the sponsorship era to the '09 WCC).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been watching the new Netflix original series about F1 and I just can't wait for next season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awww was hoping the F1 thread might be a little more hoppin'. I've been watching since 2009, every race and quali, and then basically every practice session too since 2010. The sport drives me nuts because on one hand it's far too predictable and structured, but on the other hand I can't stop watching to find out what happens next!!!

Has anyone else been shouting strategy recommendations at the Ferrari team while watching races this year, or has it just been me? Yeesh!

·
Mufasa in Training
31,664 Posts
I think Leclerc will get it together eventually. Not sure what's up with Vettel. Then again, I didn't expect Bottas to be outqualifying Hamilton--I knew he'd be good if given a better car, but not *this* good.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,664 Posts
As a Lewis fan his qualifying struggles so far worry me a bit.
That's just it--I'm not sure if it's just Lewis struggling at Q or Valtteri losing out on race pace/strategy. Merc have been 1-2 every race so far, so neither driver looks bad...per se.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When it comes to Vettel at Ferrari, my developing hypothesis has been that Vettel is a really smart guy with a strong managerial brain in his head, and he's really fully aware of Ferrari's management and strategy problems...he doesn't fully trust the team, is trying to manage too much from behind the wheel, and the result is he can't quite drive at his best. Part of me thinks Ferrari would actually find more performance by replacing Vettel with another driver, and moving Vettel into a leadership role in the team to help with their management, but Vettel is still a real talent and losing him from behind the wheel wouldn't be good either...

As for Hamilton, it's really interesting this year that he just doesn't quite seem as comfortable with the car. I definitely think Bottas has stepped up, that's part of why Hamilton looks worse off, but this year's Mercedes usually looks very stiff and bouncy even when it's performing. I wonder if Hamilton is struggling with the feel of the car...or if the Bottas/Hamilton shift has more to do with the thinner gauge, harder compound 2019 Pirelli tires. In the past, Bottas has excelled getting the tires in the window on very smooth tracks like Austria and Sochi. With the 2019 tires, maybe that skillset is serving him well on every track.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I think Lewis is being more aggressive on set up & that leaves him outside the ideal window for most of the weekend.

In Spain he just got caught out by yellows.

3281 - 3300 of 3301 Posts