ClubRoadster.net banner

3301 - 3313 of 3313 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,320 Posts
I was wondering when Vettel would get the boot. Much like Kimi, it just never worked out as well as everyone would've hoped--at least Kimi got a WDC.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
In his first go round. In his second go with Ferrari he was the #2 driver from the very moment he signed the contract.

I hope Sainz does well.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,320 Posts
In his first go round. In his second go with Ferrari he was the #2 driver from the very moment he signed the contract.
That is true, but the point still stands. Vettel wasn't hired to be a #2.
I hope Sainz does well.
Me, too. His dad was always one of my favorite WRC drivers.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got the feeling that Hockenheim 2018 was the beginning of the end. Vettel never got back after that mistake. And it is disappointing (for Vettel) to see Leclerc being equally fast if not faster (and sometimes more mature) in his 1st year with the team.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It's strange, Vettel never seemed to evolve as a driver, potentially as a result of so much success at such a young age.

And yet, Lewis was successful instantly and has evolved massively in his years in the sport. Lewis in 2019 is the most complete driver I've ever seen (I'm too young to have seen Prost/Senna live, though I did see peak Schumacher/Alonso/etc.)

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,789 Posts
HAM's continuous improvement is nothing short of amazing. At this rate he still has many years left as a contender.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,320 Posts
I'd like to think I saw Hamilton's potential from the beginning. I hadn't watched him in the lower echelons (but much like hockey players, I really don't know much about F1 drivers until after they make the bigs), but I had latched onto him for somewhat obvious reasons, but also because I hadn't had a "favorite" driver since Juan Pablo Montoya left Williams. He's getting a bit bat**** as a person, but his abilities as a driver are nothing short of astounding. He legitimately has a chance to take the "greatest driver ever [statistically]" title.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,320 Posts
Relevant content:

Had a dream the other day that I was hanging out with Michael Schumacher and Sebastien Vettel. Schumacher suggested going somewhere in the South Pacific to go golfing for the weekend (don't ask--it was a dream). Vettel seemed to be all about it, but I had to point out that one of them was going to have to help me out because substitute drivers (yes, in this dream, I was a 3rd driver for some team) don't exactly bathe in money. Schumacher not only agreed to let me fly on his jet--he asked if my son wanted to come along, too!

3301 - 3313 of 3313 Posts