ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Immediate thanks goes out to the following for such huge amounts of help, hommie hookups and busted knuckles on our behalf haha.

Tires Xtra
Silo Garage
Source Media Group
Phoenix Engineering
CTE Powder Coat
Matt Davis
Joe Mitchell
Chad Rue
Raul Piaro
Freddie Acosta
Trevor Dowdall

and we'll start things off with a quick snap of the new steering column setup

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So 2 years ago I ran across a guy selling a miata for $400 bucks. Went to the dudes house in the OC and found, well, this hahaha.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hadn't been registered in god knows how many years, 17" 5Zigen Wheels I think, Shark fenders haha broken tie rod, dead battery, bad rad cap and no top unless you count the cardboard. Wheel Lock key was missing of corse so i spent a day with an acetylene torch hot wrenching the front right wheel off haha. Once everything was kind of repaired went to fire it up and it ran like a champ. Drove it all the way home without a hitch!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
some stages the cars been through in the last year to keep things in a somewhat chronological order i guess

Brought it home and started by cleaning it up and putting a lovely "Roll Bar"on it to pass tech at the local track haha

took it out a bunch and broke a lot of ****

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
so after breaking loads of **** and getting thrown out of the track for the vanity bar i made a few upgrades

Wheels of which i broke one of the first night out haha, kinda a hucker at this stage still (2 years ago)

Recycled Hard Dog Roll Bar from a fellow CR member, to replace the vanity / bike rack bar

cut the springs all the way around which helped a lot with the roll

then went out and drove on this setup for about 3-4 months with barley a tire and oil change really, destroyed the fenders, so they went in the trash permanently.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theennnnn........some bad luck

first, blown diff

Fixed it with a welded 1.6 done by Amerikajin, still running strong!!

Then some wiring issues

Then destroyed a bunch of **** street driffn, as if that was a good idea to begin with

Fixed that

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car sat for a bit and we started playing around with making some headlight buckets

after a few trys the buckets came out good but the lenses gave us some huge problems so we scrapped that idea

Then I started trying my hand at modding knuckles, cause ya know drift car needs moar angle right?

Broke those right quick

had to zip tie everything together to wench it back up on the trailer haha

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
About this time I got in with Tire Zone in Colton,

through a buddy Joe Mitchell

Who drives this beast

So fixing stuff got a whole lot easier :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so with some other minor stuff like, newly welded knuckles and an alignment,

Spaced Rack, Strengthened Tie Rods, a new seat, and some harnesses,

we went to shred some tires!

yeah we put in work haha

ran everything we had down to the last thread, just held enough air to get her back on the trailer for the trip home haha

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So now it comes to the actual tear down. After not being able to compete in Top Drift due to the lack of cage, and well, lack of enough power to keep up with the rest of the pack, I figured it was time for some modest improvements. So last April (2011) we started tearing stuff down. Little did I know what a process this would be, extremely fun but very very time consuming. So the build in my head was gonna go something like this.

Refresh the BP6
slap on GT28
Wire in Haltech
Weld in cage

a month at max........right.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man! Trying to get everything up to the present in one sitting more or less haha, lot more work then I thought.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
damn. lovin it already. sub'd.

btw your steering column is secy as feck. i had also planned on incorporating a heim in mine when i get around to making an adjustable one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so when the haltech arrived i started getting into the flux capacitor system of the car.

26' (that little hash mark denotes FEET) long! o_O

The entire harness end to end, chasis and motor all in one

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
at this point i started figuring i needed more then to just slap in management so i started savin the milk money and got some goodies (spent most of 2011 getting all this crap)

the basic setup is as follows so far

Haltech Sprint 500
Racepak IQ3 Dash
Deatchwerks 1000cc Injectors (e85)
Deatchwerks 300 liter pump
Jaz Plastic 8 Gallon Tank w/foam
G&J Aero Black Nylon Braided lines for, well everything
Surge Tank
Malory RR FPR
M-Tuned Fuel Rail
Decked Head
ARP Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
Slim Line Fans
China gt28
China Rad
China Cooler
Port Polish & Paint Intake
Marhuah Oil Pan Baffle
China Oil Relocation adapters
G&J Oil Cooler
New Willwood Clutch Master to keep up with the Stage 4 6 Puck unsprung clutch that got put in earlier that i forgot to mention

Head Studs & Gasget

Injectors

Fuel Rail

Finished Intake Manifold

China Turbo

·
Registered
495 Posts
This is how it all starts. V8 soon enough lol good luck with the build. You comIng in april to vegas for droptop??

1 - 20 of 52 Posts