ClubRoadster.net banner

11181 - 11200 of 11201 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
33,756 Posts
I always just have the center point active. Point camera at subject, focus, recompose, shoot
I use the corner points and often the top because I don't have time to completely recompose when he's in motion down the ice.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,990 Posts
D3500 will be a fantastic upgrade. I'd go for it. I'm a Sony guy now but I came from a D3100 and I badly miss the user interface. Moving target indoors is a tough situation to shoot in. You kinda need... everything. In body stabilization, lens stabilization, a fast zoom lens, ridiculous low-light sensitivity, etc. etc. etc.

·
Mufasa in Training
33,756 Posts
I'm liking the deal, but I did put in a question to find out what the shutter count on it is. D3000-series cameras don't have the longest of lifespans.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,990 Posts
If anyone in here ever buys an A7, save your pennies and don't bother with the kit lens. It's overwhelmingly mediocre. Ugly bokeh, not very sharp. Meh. The kit lens that came with my a6000 was fantastically usable so I thought this would be similarly okay but I'm anxiously counting the days until I can get the Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8.

(quick snapshot, bracketed exposure, combined the exposure but didn't do any editing or color correction, took these to try out various aperture/focal length combos)

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,046 Posts
That car needs the golden hour and not full sun. Wowza. Are the fronts tinted darker than the rears or did it just come out like that?

·
100% Jakedashian
7,990 Posts
That car needs the golden hour and not full sun. Wowza. Are the fronts tinted darker than the rears or did it just come out like that?
oh it's much worse than that.

Front is darker than rear.

Rear right brown tinted. Rear left is blue tinted.

I got a $170 quote to re-tint the car which is happening hopefully this weekend because it's driving me insane.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Speaking of Floridian drug dealers

A dude in my neighborhood is sitting in his running car in front of his house like 24/7. I've basically never not seen him there. I can't think of anything else he could be doing. Idgi.

·
Murse Magnet
7,838 Posts
Speaking of Floridian drug dealers

A dude in my neighborhood is sitting in his running car in front of his house like 24/7. I've basically never not seen him there. I can't think of anything else he could be doing. Idgi.
Maybe dude has to work for home and his kids inside the house are noisy?

When I was studying for the bar there were a few times I’d study in my suv just to get some quiet.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Maybe dude has to work for home and his kids inside the house are noisy?

When I was studying for the bar there were a few times I’d study in my suv just to get some quiet.
The same guy that was standing on the hood of his car drinking at 11pm two weeks ago?

Also this is ALL HOURS. Like, 1am when I walk the dog before bed on a weekend car is running and he's sitting in it.

11181 - 11200 of 11201 Posts