ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stretched tires FTL. Fat rubber is TRILL

15x8's with a 275/50/15 Nitto slick...yes its jdm ;)

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Re: the proper tire for a 15x8

Now that's Gasser-style roots right there!

·
Registered
229 Posts
if your serious about those tires, I think you are totally missing the point of a miata. doesn't matter what kind of power you're putting down... it's over the top in a bad way.

I make the same argument for a v8 swap miata... why even bother?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Kicked off the island..
3,062 Posts
if your serious about those tires, I think you are totally missing the point of a miata. doesn't matter what kind of power you're putting down... it's over the top in a bad way.

I make the same argument for a v8 swap miata... why even bother?
First, you must have missed the humor behind the post. Also, the tires were free, and the wheels were 20 bucks a piece. And tires meant for handling such as Falken Azenis don't have the sidewall needed to make a car hook on a dragstrip, as these tires do. And why swap a v8 in a miata? Because its an instant 12 second car naturally aspirated w/ 100 pounds of extra weight, and miata's are "BUDGET" sports cars why not chop it up? Its cheap, and far from rare. Live a little and do something out of the ordinary, it makes things interesting sometimes. O thats right, your from canada, nothing interesting there... :lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I caught the attempt at humor... I guess BUT (and this is my retort to your canada crack) who the hell knows what you backwood bumpkins think sometimes. :eek:

sure, chop up a miata... you're right, it's a cheap car but try and be original. put the v8 in your swamp boat and jam an engine that makes sense into the miata.

and why are you drag racing a miata?

·
Kicked off the island..
3,062 Posts
Hahaha, why not drag race a miata? If it goes straight in a forward motion, you can drag race it. Including shifter carts, snowmobiles, four wheelers, dirt bikes, and your grandmothers towncar.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like that he kept the B series engine with the car. no doubt that is a sick ride but my view stands... owning a car like would be fun for (maybe) one run.

I can think of worse platforms to build a drag car on (honda) but why a miata? My retarded drag import base would be a mazda bseries truck.

<edit>haha... miatadam, I like your style but why not a miata? because it has no roof!</edit>

·
Kicked off the island..
3,062 Posts
Its not a "drag car." The car has tanabe sustec pro coilovers w/ pillowball mounts, JR sways front and rear, 8 lb. wheels, falken azenis tires and weighs just over 1800 lbs. Its built to handle. Why not try other things for fun? Man, loosen up.

Edit: Buy a roll bar and a helmet, you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts