ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
I wub you, Garrett.

Fun fact: I did not realize that this building is, to this day, still the largest single-story building ever built.

Here's one of the Shuttles on its last flight(s ):

And here's a cool video (copied from the Smithsonian website) of a time-lapse of a Shuttle launch. The hardest part to believe...this video captures six weeks of work in less than 4min and is made from thousands of still images :smile9:

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
A Russian satellite caught this high-res shot of the Earth during the Autumn Equinox, when the entire sun-facing side of the planet is bathed in sunlight.

If you look closely at the equator, you can see a glint of sunlight reflected from the satellite itself.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
As impressive as it must be to watch a shuttle launch I'd have to say I'd want to watch that 747 take off carrying the shuttle on its back. I've always been impressed and amazed that the 747 can take-off, fly and land with that much weight.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
As impressive as it must be to watch a shuttle launch I'd have to say I'd want to watch that 747 take off carrying the shuttle on its back. I've always been impressed and amazed that the 747 can take-off, fly and land with that much weight.
Nearly as impressive is a Myasischev VM-T carrying the Buran or the Energiya booster tank:

Even moreso its replacement, the Antonov An-225 Mriya (Dream):

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
The 225 better be able to carry a shuttle and then some lol

·
Mufasa in Training
31,678 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/D6Ih7.jpg
I did some research on this one because I was trying to figure out what it was a picture of (Warsaw in 1944-45 after the Luftwaffe flattened it) and, believe it or not, this one is actually...a fake. Ironically, it was rendered in CGI by a team from Warsaw.

Here's a picture of Saturn to hopefully unruffle any feathers.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts