ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old build thread was about the life and death of my old NA (Even though my friend is rebuilding her for chump car) I feel that it's out of place to keep using that thread. So here's a new one for my NB. If you haven't followed my build before, I'll start from the beginning. I had this car for a little under a year now and transferred a few parts from my old NA over to it.

The car is a 2002 LS 5 speed without abs. It has the sport bracing and sport brakes.

Here's the car when I first got it. I just threw on my NA's hard top

Then I put on my old JIC's and lowered it. I also got the hardtop colored matched.

I wasn't really looking for a hardtop spoiler but one fell into my hands for a good price so I picked it up.

Picked up some old Super Advans and rocked the **** out of them.

Painted my roll bar white and installed it. Also added 20mm spacers all around to help with the Advan's weak offset.

Did some Auto X's here and there. I did alright. One of my coilovers are blown at this point and I'm on old DZ101's. Just went out and hoon'd it

Did some back road bombing with a few friends.

Came across a mazdaspeed lip and plastidipped the Advans bronze for that "MAD JDM" look.

And that's how my car currently sits. I've been saving money and spending a lot of time out at sea (Thank you Navy).

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: AgentRED Shiz's NB build attempt

Now that we're caught up I can go on with my story.

So that left me with a lot of time think about what I really want out of my Miata. I could do some super baller build like sharka or scrat. Or I could try to make an all out race car like Moti or thepass. But after spending most of my time cutting doughnuts across the sea I realized the thing I missed the most about my car was driving it. Having the ability to bomb any back road and have the ability to competitive in organized racing became my main focus.

I found that the cars I thought would offer the best driving experience was the Club Racer edition S2000 and the Super20 NC

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I wanted to emulate these cars within my buildup. The first part of my build it to build what Mazda should of built as a special edition (Enter Club Race edition) in my eyes. That's would lead to me tracking down a mazdaspeed front lip I also want to see how competitive I can be in STR in the mean time. And once I finally get bored with that, I'm planning on adding a c30 super charger for some extra fun and a couple of other things.

So next is gathering the parts to make this happen.

I tracked down a mazdaspeed spoiler since this was an OEM piece everywhere but the US market, so it should be STR legal. If not, they can shove it.

The factory guide says it's supposed to add down force. I doubt I'll notice anything but it does have three angle of attack settings.

Next I picked up some 15x9's wrapped in some 225/45 rivals (Ridin' that band wagon :haiguyths:)

Just test fitting them for now. I need to grab the shorter banjo bolt for my sport brakes from flying Miata to clear the barrel of the wheel. And I also want to plastidip these wheels bronze as well.

That's it for now. I'll be updating this thread a lot more within the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

Nice car! I have a '00 Classic Red LS that was my first Miata and it is a classy color. Love the hard top! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

^I'm planning on repainting the rollbar copper. I really like how that color stands with the red. Any who, I was road tripping and picked these up from ein86. They're definitely an upgrade. The car feels planted now.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts

Ya I'd say the Ohlins are a upgrade. ;) How do you like the BFG Rivals?

·
stripped
178 Posts

Wooow...i thought the jics were cool....i literally giggled when i saw the ohlins.
What are the specs?

·
Administrator
15,258 Posts

The wing will not be legal for STR, unfortunately. Cool build so far, though!!! :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Well idk about that. The wing came stock on some Miata's outside of the country. And in the rules, the way it explained non usdm cars it only mentioned that sharing between cars that use the same chassis but were "different" cars like an Opel Gt/Sky/Solstice couldn't share parts between each other. But it didn't prohibit of sharing options with the same model car that were sold in different parts of the world. Sorta like how some NB2 guys use the edm/jdm flat top manifold in STR. It's the same thing.

·
Administrator
15,258 Posts

Well idk about that. The wing came stock on some Miata's outside of the country. And in the rules, the way it explained non usdm cars it only mentioned that sharing between cars that use the same chassis but were "different" cars like an Opel Gt/Sky/Solstice couldn't share parts between each other. But it didn't prohibit of sharing options with the same model car that were sold in different parts of the world. Sorta like how some NB2 guys use the edm/jdm flat top manifold in STR. It's the same thing.

Maybe you should try swapping in an entire JDM motor and see how they feel about that. ;)

I'd also be HIGHLY surprised if the flat top manifold is a legal mod in STR, since the rules specifically say that anything past the intake pipe cannot be changed. That doesn't mean that people aren't doing it, but it's not legal.

No offense meant, it doesn't really matter, since the NBs have a long way to go before they're a force on the National circuit against the NC/S2000s anyways. If we're talking locally, i'd kick anyone in the **** that had a huge problem and protested the mazdaspeed wing. :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Ya I'd say the Ohlins are a upgrade. ;) How do you like the BFG Rivals?
Haven't had a chance to run them on my own car yet. But I drove on them before. They feel "different." Like it doesn't feel like you have much grip flying in a turn but once you put your foot back on the accelerator, you have all the grip in the world. It takes a bit to get used to if you're used to running RS3's some other super summer tire. I honestly like it since I enjoy a little over steer.

Wooow...i thought the jics were cool....i literally giggled when i saw the ohlins.
What are the specs?
700 front/400 rear. The front's have been revalved.

What are you doing with your Super Advans?
I'm using them for DD duties right now. I haven't decided if I want to sale them or not.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yeah. I know it's going to be a stretch lol. I have to open the rules again but it says you can't change it with aftermarket stuff. But you can do stuff to it. You can "port" everything to the manufacturers minimum specs and other little things. I'm not that dedicated to the cause since a s2k with a good driver will rock me either way lol.

Do you know where I can find a parts catalog for mazda of all the factory options?

·
Registered
620 Posts

This is destined for STR greatness

1 - 20 of 515 Posts