ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
Everything is stock up until the cat. Past the cat I have the RB resonated PP midpipe bolted on, and then RB sells a universal muffler (here) that I had welded on after the resonator. From there it's just a shiny double tip. Everything flows really well, but it's pretty quiet, almost too quiet. That's why I'm taking out the resonator to try and liven it up a bit.
Did you buy your own 2.5" tubing?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, an NB owner would only need a flange to attach to the muffler, as the exhaust system on NB's comes stock with a separate connecting/mid- pipe that is resonated.

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
Ah whoops, forgot to mention I took the car down to my local muffler guy and he did all the welding, cutting, and tubing etcetera. Because of the way the muffler needed to be positioned under the car, he had to cut off the second flange and weld some piping straight between the resonator and the muffler.
Wouldn't surprise me if the stock NB pipe would have to be cut up a bit, too, because the stock NB exhaust is basically an axle-back.

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
Two thoughts:

1.) Don't know what the rest of your suspension is, but sways are the last thing I'd buy, and even then, I'd want them as small as possible.
2.) So jealous of MSM seats...cloth FTW.

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
Ha. The photos made it look better than reality. So much dirt got embedded in the paint. :haiguyths:
That's fair. That said, though: I *have* seen much worse...imagine spray/dipped where they don't even bother matching panel colors...

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
What about the RTV is concerning to you? I ask because I haven't thought about it since it has since then moved down to near the bottom of the to-do list.
I don't know of anyone doing it before is the main concern. You're talking about the area where stuff gets sucked in to the engine, so ingestion is always going to be a concern to me.

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
FWIW, when I ran a Protege (1.8) VC, I had my cover drilled and tapped for a bolt that I attached a piece of metal to so I could bolt one end essentially to the VC, at least.

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
That's pretty much what I did - drilled two holes, mounted a flat stock piece of metal, and then bolted the coil pack to that. Still needed about 2" of extra wire per plug though.
That's weird...I used the same old NGK blues I'd used before. Then again, that was over a decade ago now :)eek:) so there might be some selective memory going on there.

· Mufasa in Training
52,343 Posts
I probably could have done that whole "measuring" thing before I mounted the coil pack too, lol. I mounted it to get the best clearance without thinking of the plug wires.
What determined the coil pack's final placement for me was the lower mounting bolt (on the head). Of course, if you have a 1.6, we're comparing apples and oranges because the 1.8 has its CAS (and therefore the coil pack mount) on opposite sides of the engine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.