Careful with Yonaka parts, I've heard their build quality isn't the best
Ya know, I was at the store the other day and there weren't any bolts that went up to that size. I think I have something up my sleeve though.You did catch the part about threading a bolt in, right?
They had good reviews on Amazon, albeit only 7 of them. Welds look to be in great shape. I will update if I have any issues.Careful with Yonaka parts, I've heard their build quality isn't the best
Thank you! Freedom indeed! I love being able to go from concept to reality. Seeing it finished is so cool.Love the re-used sign, and the rest of your DIY
Freedom in ingenuity!
That's pretty much what I did - drilled two holes, mounted a flat stock piece of metal, and then bolted the coil pack to that. Still needed about 2" of extra wire per plug though.FWIW, when I ran a Protege (1.8) VC, I had my cover drilled and tapped for a bolt that I attached a piece of metal to so I could bolt one end essentially to the VC, at least.
That's weird...I used the same old NGK blues I'd used before. Then again, that was over a decade ago now eek so there might be some selective memory going on there.That's pretty much what I did - drilled two holes, mounted a flat stock piece of metal, and then bolted the coil pack to that. Still needed about 2" of extra wire per plug though.
What determined the coil pack's final placement for me was the lower mounting bolt (on the head). Of course, if you have a 1.6, we're comparing apples and oranges because the 1.8 has its CAS (and therefore the coil pack mount) on opposite sides of the engine.I probably could have done that whole "measuring" thing before I mounted the coil pack too, lol. I mounted it to get the best clearance without thinking of the plug wires.
Most of it was because of only being able to do one step every week or so. For the last month it sat at my neighbor's place so we had to coordinate schedules from across town lol. That and all the custom plumbing. The biggest annoyance was that try as we might, no matter how much lube (giggity), the O rings would always rip around the injectors.That is the most problems I've ever seen with a BP assembly. Glad to see it going again.