ClubRoadster.net banner
101 - 120 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Got to be honest: a lack of the knowledge you and others show on stuff like this is why I pretty much quit trying to mod. I just can't keep up.
How do you mean?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I'm worthless with pretty much anything that requires more than turning bolts. Heck, I couldn't even get my top on right :oops:
Oh, I thought you meant I didn't have any knowledge. LOL. Shoot man, those taillights are bits of scrap held together with JB weld. Nothing fancy.

If it makes you feel any better, I hired a guy to install my top once upon a time. Cost me $300. :oops:

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Wow, fantastic job on the custom taillights! :smile9: I really like them, can't wait to see the end result! Bravo, bravo! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Wow, fantastic job on the custom taillights! :smile9: I really like them, can't wait to see the end result! Bravo, bravo! :icon_cheers:
Thanks man, me too. I'll be happy to have it all back together again. Heck, I've been driving an automatic for a month now. It's so boring, lol.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)

Good news indeed!

I'm now the proud owner of this MP62 supercharger. So happy about this.

Now, it is coming off of a NB with AC and PS. My car is a 1.6 chassis with a 95 1.8 motor, no AC or PS. What are some parts I can be expecting to replace or buy new? (Brackets, belts, etc.)

The PO estimated the car ran 200-210 HP on the powercard. Don't know how accurate his estimation is, but I am definitely expecting over 200 HP after a good dyno tune on the MS 1.3 and adding bigger injectors. This should be way too much fun.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Congrats! I'd contact Track Dog Racing and they can get you squared away. I'd personally upgrade the idler/tensioner setup with a Track Dog Racing unit as it is supposed to be much better and now they actually use flanged idlers for better/easier belt alignment. :icon_cheers:
http://trackdogracing.com/tdrbelttensioner.aspx

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Just turned to your car on the 2016 Revlimiter calendar. It's easily my favorite car in the entire calendar. Now, I'll go back and read your build thread...
Thanks, man. :icon_cheers:

Just went through your whole build, very awesome.

Do you have a link to those HIDs? I need to upgrade my shitty sealed beams.
Sure.

Without halo (the ones I have):
(link)

With the halo (not my style):
(link)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
So I got the car back the other day. First impressions...

I love the new 1.8 motor, and the properly depowered rack (from Alex ScratchNSniff Todd) is fantastic. However...when TMP decked the block, it gave it a nice little bump in compression, and when he set the timing to 14, it now pings. At least, we hope it's ping and not knock. Although the car drives like a brand new car, it still sits until I can retard timing and take it back to Atlanta to get the bugs ironed out. He did a great job...just need some finishing touches. Such is life.

Intake is temporary. Very temporary.

So while the car sits and we work out scheduling, I've been working on some small projects to bide my time.

#1: Gauges & cluster! I made this with eBay white gauge overlays, red taillight vinyl, and black centers. .38 special bullet casings accent the brushed aluminum cluster, because I live in the south, he-haw. Gauges definitely aren't perfect, but for $20 & some spare time, what can I say? I like them.

Night mode. Pretty neat.

#2: The rat's nest of the GV taillights & wiring is getting sorted out. I'm embarrassed to say I pulled this out of the trunk yesterday. Rest assured, the harness back in the car is already repaired, loomed, and ready to plug in to the new lights I built a while back.

#3: Shift knob. I bought a polished Voodoo years and years ago. Instead of repolishing it, I used 100 grit and brushed it.

#4: Fuel cap from a 2015 Challenger. The dimensions are roughly the same, and with some time, a Dremel, and sanding/polishing block, I might just be able to retrofit it.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Love all the custom touches! The gauge panel with bullets is awesome as will be the fuel door when you get it fitted! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Okay, so I dropped the car back off at TMP last week. The problem with the knocking was twofold: There was a gasket leaking oil up front, and when they decked the block, it gave it a bump in compression, so we're installing a thicker head gasket to counteract the higher compression.

I retarded the timing to something like 8* before heading up there and it just barely knocked between 2-3k on acceleration, so that pretty much confirmed it's just spark knock and nothing more serious or mechanical. They'll fix the head gasket and reset the timing to 10*.

On another note, the mechanics behind spark knock are a really interesting thing. If I recall my research correctly, it actually detonates too early in the cylinder, and so the shockwaves from the successive detonations bounce around off the walls and crash back into each other, and so the knocking you hear is just the shockwaves from all the funky detonations.

Michael's company racecar is the white NB sitting behind it. He gave me a ride from Marietta to Griffin and that thing is a blast with all the good tires and sway bars. (I know what my next mods are). It also had a fresh coat of plastidip and red powdercoated wheels. Albeit it is a track rat, the plastidip actually looks pretty good.

Anyways, while I had the car back, I finished my redesigned C3 GV install. This is how I had to cut out the GV panel, for those interested in doing the same:

And this is how it turned out with the allen head screws holding it all together. The badges are a cheapo rising sun flag, and something from a Nissan. The S is for 'soon,' lol. Then later it should mean 'supercharged.'

Random pic of the '04 MSM seats:

I also was able to make a better intake. The old one was something temporary to get me from A to B. This one's still temporary but it looks so much better. Also, I'm going to get the blower for the MP62 and the intake manifold powdercoated a polished/chrome color while everything's apart again. Should look really nice.

Finally, I'm still figuring out how to mount the Challenger gas cap. As you can see, it almost fits, but not really.

I will probably notch out the bottom so it has a ridge to sit on. Then I will cut a piece of the edge off the OEM cap and bond it to the edges of the Challenger cap so it will close the space on the sides.

Anyways, I have a GM IAT from TDR coming in the mail and that should be the last piece of the puzzle. Coming up soon: MSPNP 1.3 install! The I can finally dig into my "toy box": the box of supercharger parts I have laying around. :haiguyths:

·
Mufasa in Training
52,199 Posts
Two thoughts:

1.) Don't know what the rest of your suspension is, but sways are the last thing I'd buy, and even then, I'd want them as small as possible.
2.) So jealous of MSM seats...cloth FTW.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Two thoughts:
1.) Don't know what the rest of your suspension is, but sways are the last thing I'd buy, and even then, I'd want them as small as possible.
2.) So jealous of MSM seats...cloth FTW.
I'm still sorting out my suspension components. I'm shooting for 225 tires and flares, and then the sky's the limit. I'm thinking of disconnecting the rear sway as soon as I get it back. How do you like yours disconnected?

And yeah, those MSM seats are pretty sweet. :D

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Nothing much exciting going on here. Really just making a post because the kids at our school are doing their standardized testing so I have a metric ton of down time if I'm not actually in the room proctoring.

I bought a secondhand LRB radiator cooling panel and fabbed up a spark plug wire cover. The plug wire cover is a prototype. I'll make some bracketry soon. TMP blasted the old bay and painted it white. Kind of miss the black, but the white paint is much better quality.

I also ditched the HID setup. The bulbs, ballasts, and everything electrical included in the kit was crap. The housing is top notch, however. The pic still has all that junk in the bay.

Next up is a coolant reroute and a Yonaka fan/shroud/radiator combo, then I'll move on with tuning the MSPNP.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
The color matched engine by looks MUCH better imo. Almost every black rattle canned engine bay i have seen just looks like a engine fire occured to me. :suicide:

101 - 120 of 206 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.