ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a lot of people (including myself) having received the techno toy tuning ae101/11 ITB adapter, it makes sense to create a repository thread where people can pick up a base map for Megasquirt.

I'm sure 90% of people will be running Megasquirt with the ae101/11's, and the only major differences from user to user will be engine displacement, injector size, and header/catback type.

Injector size can be easily changed, and the maps reapportioned automaticallyin Megatune, and there really isn't *that* much difference in headers, so a really well done map is likely to be pretty close for all those running the T3+ae101/11.

Afraid I don't yet have any maps to contribute, I'm waiting on my ae101's and megasquirt to come in, and to reassemble the car. If there are no maps floating around by then, I'll be the guinea pig, and have my car tuned by a local shop, and post the map.

Tuning a standalone, if you've never done it before (I have not) is easily the most imposing part of running ITB's, or forced induction. If we can get a good variety of maps matching up to the various exhaust setups, etc, then we'd have something like the Cobb accessport offers for subarus, evos, and MZR's - a download and go solution that the novice can handle.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AEM EMS is ancient at this point. Which would be fine if they had dropped their prices to reflect the fact. But they haven't, and still charge over a grand. Why wouldn't you choose the more powerful, constantly updated ECU that costs half as much?
Does AEM even have the ability to use a custom TPS as the MS does? I don't know. If not, it wouldn't even work for this kind of setup.

on another topic: I'm going to be using 265cc purple tops from an NB2 - recommend this flow rate for those running the T3 ITB's. Provides plenty of fuel, and they are common, cheap, and plug and play. The nb2 injectors have a better spray pattern than the tan tops, but otherwise they're the same.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm guessing the base maps would be completely different for 1.6 and 1.8 ?

Seems like most of the people here have na.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm guessing the base maps would be completely different for 1.6 and 1.8 ?

Seems like most of the people here have na.
this is correct, the maps would be completely different. Extrapolating to correct for a different injector size between two 1.6l cars is simple, but for the 1.8, a 1.6 map is useless.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Cleaned. This thread is about Megasquirt and ITB's, not others. Start another thread if you're not using MS & ITB's or GTFO.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Pretty harse words for a sharing community!
Everyone was talking about using another ECU, who sold what, etc. and was not sharing maps, sooooooo........ I'm sure I'll have to clean this thread more down the line.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My apologies.. I tend to get off subject.. But with that said I have not see even one shared map yet on this thread.. Am I missing something, are they saved in a different location?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the T3 group buy just happened/is still happening. Everyone is putting together their cars, myself included. My MS is being built by Braineack.
Since you'll need a map to get started, it made sense to have the thread up and ready, where people knew they could get the map.

but it's gotten hella off topic, a couple times.

be patient.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry I probably contributed to that.. I am afraid that is how my mind works, sort of a flood of redirection. I have the MSPNP.. I wonder if I will benefit from the maps well..

·
Banned
18 Posts
Like i told Tronik and all the guys here YOU can use a 1.6 ITB map to start a 1.8 all day long .One of the MS guys here in Florida that tune the MS say he start out this way to get the car running .it is all in the ECU configuration and that is how you do it .MS2 map will work in MS3 If you know how to do the config .This come,s from a MS tuner that tune all kinds of car on this unit from 120hp to over 700hp .
SO IF YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW THEN YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW
l

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MS is built, it's in the mail to travel the 20 miles to your house.

also rmemeber your MSII will not like MSI maps.
Thanks Brainy, you put that together stupid quick. I know it seems ridiculous I couldn't get over to Alexandria to pick it up, but I think you will understand when you've got an infant someday.

Anyone who hasn't gotten their MS yet, I *highly* recommend you get it from Braineack. He's built dozens of these things, and you haven't.

Couple questions Scott, I'll ask here so that anyone else who gets an MS from you can see.

1. On the Dsub connector, the wire on pin 15 is for the wideband signal, and I'm guessing that the wires on pins 1-4 are for the TPS signal - which pins on the toyota TPS do the wires go to?

2. You set up the MS to use a wideband, and I'll be using an LC1 right before the cat to get the tuning done. I've also got a narrowband o2 in the stock location - is this now superfluous? I've run LC1 a couple of years, and am wary about it being my full time o2 sensor, as I've already had one Bosch sensor failure. It makes more sense to me to get the tune sorted out with the LC1, and then use the narrowband for day to day closed loop operation. Thoughts on that? Would it just be the software setting change in MS, or would there be a solder change required?

Blu Man, please stay the **** on topic, you've already had posts deleted for this. And some advice - do not challenge Brainy on MS matters. He is smarter than you and can make that obvious to everyone.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts