ClubRoadster.net banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Mazda Miata 1.8L ITB
5 Posts

The README has information about my setup and what you should change to get your car running. Here is a quick summary:

• 99 Miata
  • stock engine internals and cams
  • Borla Induction 45mm throttles w/ 35mm air horns
  • ISR Header, stock midpipe w/ catalyst and unknown brand muffler
  • MS3ProPNP from DIYAutotune, Firmware 1.5.1 using engine state settings
  • AlphaN Fuel algorithm
  • Speed-Density Ignition algorithm
  • Home elevation is 7250ft ASL, ~79.5 kpa and I use realtime barometric corrections
  • Cold starts are good, but driving the car under 140F CLT requires three feet and it stumbles (runs rich) at idle

My tune is not perfect, but I'm able to drive the car up and down elevation, to and from the track with no issues. EGO correction does stay busy. The ignition table is mostly what I got from DIYAutotune and should be safe.

If you see a glaring mistake in my msq I would appreciate an explanation of what's wrong, how to fix it and why. I'm here to learn.

·
Registered
1999 Mazda Miata 1.8L ITB
5 Posts
I’ve recently converted the car to ITB mode instead of AlphaN. I’m still street tuning the new VE table but I’ll post what I have when I get home today. Using this new fuel mode I should be able to use a idle air control valve when I get around to installing one. As it is, cold idle is horrible, but cold cruise is good. The car runs great once up to temperature.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts