ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Vendor
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since The Fitment Thread has been a huge success, we're gonna try this.

Post your N00B suspension questions here.

This is it. This is THE place. This is your happy zone. Breathe the fresh air. Feel the low low start to relax you. Release your ride height and kick back.

Rules:
0: This thread will be heavily moderated! Arguing, flaming, trolling, etc will be deleted. Multiple aggressors will be banned.
1: Try not to bash the n00bs. This is their safe zone. Try to point them back to answers that may have been already posted. It's hard, but we can try.
2: Try to look at the posted answers before asking if your Racelands will get you low.
3: Post info with your pix! In other words, if you post a shot of a low Roadster, post up your secret sauce. (Suspension, spring rate, shock mounts, etc.)
4: Roadsters only! Any non-MX-5 shots will be deleted. Do it multiple times and you will get a temp ban.
5: Just chill.

·
Vendor
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here's a small contribution:

Suspension: ancient TEIN HA (replaced by the SuperStreet and then the StreetAdvance)
mounts: DP6061 tophats with rattly spherical bearings
Ride height: 11.25" / 11.5" hub to wheel center. Minor tire tuck. The high end of "moderately slammed"
Comfort: surprisingly high. It's all about suspension travel. The extended top hats give me that.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
What size spacer will it take to get my stock wheels equal to a 8j et0?
Can you please provide the year and submodel of your miata so I can properly answer this question for you? Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 91 Miata. I am looking to sped less than $800 for coilovers. I am looking for something that will get my car "mod slammed", but not dragging. I'm looking at EZ streets and Tein BASIS. Any suggestions? What top hats should I get?

·
Murse Magnet
7,116 Posts
I have a 91 Miata. I am looking to sped less than $800 for coilovers. I am looking for something that will get my car "mod slammed", but not dragging. I'm looking at EZ streets and Tein BASIS. Any suggestions? What top hats should I get?
What kind of driving will you be doing (i.e., just a daily driver, autocross...)? Do you encounter a lot of pot holes or bad roads on a daily basis?

·
Vendor
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have TEIN Basic on my NB. They're a great daily driver coils and I think you'll be happy with the Basis version. However, I don't run that car very low. The more you lower the rear, the less ride comfort you'll have with a factory-length shock body.

You might look at FM's VMAXX X-treme shocks. They're supposed to be fantastic.
http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4537&parentid=0&stocknumber=13-16255 1990-97 NB

·
Murse Magnet
7,116 Posts
Actually weren't the 949 Tecnas designed specifically for running low and maintaining comfort in the $800 range. If that is still true, then I would suggest you go check those out.

·
The slam struggle continues
1,885 Posts
What kind of driving will you be doing (i.e., just a daily driver, autocross...)? Do you encounter a lot of pot holes or bad roads on a daily basis?
What are you doing in here?

Do I go into the retro thread and pretend like I know what I'm talking about? Didn't think so.

:hello kitty:

All 800 dollar coils are created equally. By that, I mean in the same Taiwanese factory.

Isc top hats.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got godspeed mono rs coils (10k f 8k r) kinda stiff for a daily but it rides surprisingly well. They don't go to low unfortunately without removing the collars for that added low :/

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,004 Posts
What are you doing in here?

Do I go into the retro thread and pretend like I know what I'm talking about? Didn't think so.

:hello kitty:

All 800 dollar coils are created equally. By that, I mean in the same Taiwanese factory.

Isc top hats.
I don't know what your beef is with Andy, but you're going against what this thread is for in the first place. Asking those questions also helps to create a broader spectrum to build upon for this "Go to for all the answers" type thread.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

Suspension: Megan EZ Street Coilovers (8k/6k)
Ride height: 12 1/16" / 12 4/16" hub to fender. About an inch gap between the tire and fender.
Comfort: I daily drive my miata with the rears on full soft and the fronts 2-3 clicks from full soft. Very comfortable, yet responsive. Even more comfortable than the H&R Street Coilovers that these replaced.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i currently have showas(black oem) on my nb
is it better to install coilover sleeves+fcm bumpstops+isc top hats+springs on my showas
than buy a used tein felx coilovers or decent coilover under 1k?
not looking to rush. i might even wait the 6 months it might take for the tecna problems to be solved or whatever 949 comes out it

·
The slam struggle continues
1,885 Posts
I don't know what your beef is with Andy, but you're going against what this thread is for in the first place. Asking those questions also helps to create a broader spectrum to build upon for this "Go to for all the answers" type thread.
I love andy. We're frenz.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
i currently have showas(black oem) on my nb
is it better to install coilover sleeves+fcm bumpstops+isc top hats+springs on my showas
than buy a used tein felx coilovers or decent coilover under 1k?
not looking to rush. i might even wait the 6 months it might take for the tecna problems to be solved or whatever 949 comes out it
putting all of those things on your stock shocks would be a huge waste of money as they are not valved correctly for higher spring rates or going low(er). They will ride like junk and you will feel that you have wasted your money....no doubt in my mind.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts