ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Ricer in Disguise
1,127 Posts
Suspension - koni yellows with H&R race sprigs
Ride height - not sure, pretty low, too low to be on track and not rub everything
Comfort - if I could do another miata daily I would replicate this set-up. Very comfortable for daily driving. Still very soft but when paired with some sways it really brings out what the suspension has in store

Suspension - Bilstein HD with ground control 700/325 and stock sways
Ride height - 3.75 f/ 4.75r rear is so high so I could get it to stop rotating on turn in. It'll come down when I get my next alignment.
Comfort - freaking awful. Do not daily your car on this stuff. Im going to get my front shocks revalved or move to a softer spring soon.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Stock(13.5+'' or so ride height) @ 97k miles:

w/ FCM 2040 coilovers (12.25''F/12.5''R ride height)

Suspension: Fat Cat Motorsports 2040 Elite coilovers w/ 375lbsF/325lbsR springs(7'' springs), NB tophats and 39mm(200in/lbs) FCM bumpstops (w/ konig flatouts 15×8 +25mm and 225/45/15 rs3's w/rolled fenders), Racing Beat 1.125" front tubular sway w/ RB blocks, stock rear sway, 949 Racing adj. end links

Ride height: Was originally set at 12''F/12.25''R( 4 1/4''F/ 4 1/2''R) and it settled to 11.75''F/12''R(pinch weld 4 1/8''F/ 4 1/4''R) but changed to 12.25''F/12.5''R( 4 1/2''F/ 4 3/4''R) currently

Handling/comfort: Installed May 2014 w/ 97,730 miles and have put approx. 5k miles since and it is very calm, collected, smooth and predictable under reasonable speed for conditions with no unusual suspension noise (no creaks like before). Comfort only increased with ride height increase and was designed by Shaikh with a intended ride height of 12.5''F/12.75''R so I am sure it would be even more comfortable at another .25'' higher f/r. I intend to get higher rate springs(450F/ 375 or 400R) in the future.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2,010 Posts
What is a suspension setup we can recommend to new owners on a budget? One of the things we as members complain about the most is "XXR's slammed on Ricelands"

We should put together a list of suspension to fit this criteria as well:
1. Best budget coilover/strut & spring setup for going low ($300 to $400)
2. Best budget coilover/strut & spring setup for better handling ($300 to $400)
3. Best "entry" coilover/strut & spring setup for going low ($400 to $800)
4. Best "entry" coilover/strut & spring setup for better handling ($400 to $800)

Not everyone is going to be able to afford a $1k suspension, so we should give realistic altrenatives

·
Registered
16 Posts
_MG_6106 by ThisGuyNamedJames, on Flickr

Suspension: D2 racing Coilovers (8k/6k), ISC 2" top hats in the rear only
Ride height: Idk, low.
Comfort: Rides smooth yet stiff as ****. But you will have that at full stiffness

Oh man this is sweet. Can we post wheel specs in this thread? If so I'd like to know you approx specs

Here's mine,

BC coils no other mods, it's pretty comfortable but I'm used to driving buckets so if your other car is a caddy you might say I'm wrong.

I have horrible toe and camber out back, I got RUCAS but I'm afraid I'll snap them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
^ The alignment tech should be able to get the toe in check. Make sure to remind the tech to adjust the camber after adjusting the toe-in. Also, the eccentric bolts become worn, especially if they are the original ones, and prevent accurate alignment adjustments. I recommend inspecting them and changing them out if necessary (they are about 10$ each).

The excessive camber at low heights is not atypical. However, you should be able to get it even from side to side. As you mentioned, I would be cautious installing aftermarket RUCAS at a low height since fitment issues occur causing the adjustment bolt to bend and eventually snap.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
I ran 15x7 +25 with the same tires (225/45-15) at 12.5" F and 12.75" R hub to fender without rolling my fenders at all. I maxed out my factory camber eccentrics, of course, which got me about -2.5" F and -1.7" R but still ran it without rolling fenders. This sat pretty flush with the fender.

I would imagine a 15x8 with the same offset and tire size would sit exactly the same.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
_MG_6106 by ThisGuyNamedJames, on Flickr

Suspension: D2 racing Coilovers (8k/6k), ISC 2" top hats in the rear only
Ride height: Idk, low.
Comfort: Rides smooth yet stiff as ****. But you will have that at full stiffness
How is the bounciness you encounter on overpasses? Because I have the same setup 2 clicks from full stiff and it's pretty bad.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
I currently have Tein Basics with 7kg/5kg springs, NB tophats and FCM 36/46 bumpstops. No front sway bar and the stock rear sway.

I'm getting a set of Flex's tomorrow.

Is there anything (like the NB hats) worth swapping over and using with the Flex's to improve them?

What else aside from maybe some 8-9kg front springs can help? I'm more interested in travel than getting low, although I'm pretty sure the Flex's will end up being a bit lower than my basics, which are about 5.25"-5.5" at the pinch welds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HR Springs

Hi everybody, I have a 2013 PRHT Club, and I was wondering if anybody has run H&R springs with the stock shocks on an NC2 PRHT? I was wondering if there are any issues with this setup

·
Registered
180 Posts
Suspension - koni yellows with H&R race sprigs
Ride height - not sure, pretty low, too low to be on track and not rub everything
Comfort - if I could do another miata daily I would replicate this set-up. Very comfortable for daily driving. Still very soft but when paired with some sways it really brings out what the suspension has in store

Wow! I never knew Koni's could get this low. Looks nice, its a good price. Might replicate this at some point down the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question I got raceland coilovers on now and im wanting a stiffer ride and to go a little lower then i am now. Im maxed out in the front and the rear so any suggestions in the under 1000 range would be best.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts