ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
BC racing is exactly the same as Megan Racing Street series. Save $200.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Megan Racing Street is exactly the same as Raceland Ultimos. Save $200 more.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
okay so another question where can i get some bc racing coilovers online
okay seriously if 1K is your limit, go buy the most expensive teins you can.

Everyone is trying to tell you that BC, megan, and raceland are absolute garbage.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Ultimos aren't garbage.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
okay so another question where can i get some Raceland Ultimo coilovers online
probably most likely somewhere online.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
Question I got raceland coilovers on now and im wanting a stiffer ride and to go a little lower then i am now. Im maxed out in the front and the rear so any suggestions in the under 1000 range would be best.
okay so another question where can i get some bc racing coilovers online

This guy gets it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Alright guys, I'm getting tired of my D2s. I've put about 8k on them since I bought them from another member on the site. Paid $600. Did I overpay? I don't know, maybe.

Rough roads are very uncomfy. I like stiff ride, but only on smooth roads lol. I'm really looking for a pretty good handling ride (for the height I'm at), and minimal bounce. I want bumps to be absorbed, not pushed into the cabin onto me. My range is below $1k. Can't bring myself to do more than that on a miata.

I've been thinking about maybe a pieced together set up of koni yellows and springs. What rates should I be looking for and spring length to meet the criteria posted?
I've also heard good things about Megan EZ Streets, BC coils, and Teins. I'd like to do this as cost effectively as possible, but I'm also not trying to cut corners.

I want to be as low as I am now, it's the perfect height IMO. Thank you for the help.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Can I just say that the FM vmax track coils are the best bang for the buck out there?
For what purpose? I experienced them at TRMP a few weeks back. Broke **** solution. Would never recommend.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
For street cars that never actually see track time. They're better than all the usual $1k-ish coils out there (Megan, BC, Tein, etc) and they have spring rates that make sense for a street car. They get decently low and cost less than all of the above. I'd never recommend them as a solution for those wanting to go to the track. This thread didn't strike me as being for the track-oriented owners.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
For street cars that never actually see track time. They're better than all the usual $1k-ish coils out there (Megan, BC, Tein, etc) and they have spring rates that make sense for a street car. They get decently low and cost less than all of the above. I'd never recommend them as a solution for those wanting to go to the track. This thread didn't strike me as being for the track-oriented owners.
I always thought the Vmaxx Xtreme Track Pack was their "track offering". Anyways, I was sorely disappointed by them. This car was set to 949 Race specs (height/alignment) and it felt like there were blocks of wood on each corner. I could feel spring but not much in the damper department. :cry2:

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
I always thought the Vmaxx Xtreme Track Pack was their "track offering". Anyways, I was sorely disappointed by them. This car was set to 949 Race specs (height/alignment) and it felt like there were blocks of wood on each corner. I could feel spring but not much in the damper department. :cry2:

Interesting, my car is set to the same alignment specs, maybe slightly lower than 949 height, but I've really enjoyed these for street use at least. I sincerely doubt these would hold a candle to any decent option in the $1.5k and up range, but for street use and backroad driving, I'm really pleased with them. I think the "track" designation on these is simply to make them sound cool for having higher spring rates :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Alright guys, I'm getting tired of my D2s. I've put about 8k on them since I bought them from another member on the site. Paid $600. Did I overpay? I don't know, maybe.

Rough roads are very uncomfy. I like stiff ride, but only on smooth roads lol. I'm really looking for a pretty good handling ride (for the height I'm at), and minimal bounce. I want bumps to be absorbed, not pushed into the cabin onto me. My range is below $1k. Can't bring myself to do more than that on a miata.

I've been thinking about maybe a pieced together set up of koni yellows and springs. What rates should I be looking for and spring length to meet the criteria posted?
I've also heard good things about Megan EZ Streets, BC coils, and Teins. I'd like to do this as cost effectively as possible, but I'm also not trying to cut corners.

I want to be as low as I am now, it's the perfect height IMO. Thank you for the help.
Anyone? Anyone?

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
For under $900, get the Magan Racing. Seriously. All the guys on here that talk **** about them swear up and down that all they run are Ohlins or Motons. They're full of ****. They probably did ride in a car with Megan's, but they were EZ Streets that were improperly setup. EZ Streets that some stance kid slammed to the ground are nothing like a properly setup Street series. If it helps you sleep better at night, buy the BC BR's. But just know, they are the EXACT SAME coil over. They both come out of the same factory in Taiwan. Ask me how I know...

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
I quite like my Flex's, even more now after I raised them up a bit.
I know I paid too much for them, but whatever, I had a rare opportunity slapping me in the face that made me do it.

Can't say much as to whether or not they're substantially better (or not) than other options.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Thanks Ly. What about Teins?
No matter what coil over you have, there's a limit to how low you can go before it doesn't matter how much you spend. Extended top hats are key.

With that said, Tein Street Flex is going to be the only Tein you can get for under $1000. Even though they're cheaper, skip the "Z" line. Bushings, oil, and shock bodies are Chinese (maybe Taiwan - can't recall right now). Assembled in Japan though lol. Kind of like Fortune Auto, parts made in Taiwan, but assembled in USA. But they claim made in USA... Not sure how I feel about that.

Anyways, I've run Tein Flex low (the original not the street flex). I liked them. Were they were worth the $600 price difference between those and the Street series I currently have? No. Did I feel better telling people I had Teins instead of Megan's? Duh! Haha.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts