ClubRoadster.net banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I quite like my Flex's, even more now after I raised them up a bit.
I know I paid too much for them, but whatever, I had a rare opportunity slapping me in the face that made me do it.

Can't say much as to whether or not they're substantially better (or not) than other options.
Thanks for the info

No matter what coil over you have, there's a limit to how low you can go before it doesn't matter how much you spend. Extended top hats are key.

With that said, Tein Street Flex is going to be the only Tein you can get for under $1000. Even though they're cheaper, skip the "Z" line. Bushings, oil, and shock bodies are Chinese (maybe Taiwan - can't recall right now). Assembled in Japan though lol. Kind of like Fortune Auto, parts made in Taiwan, but assembled in USA. But they claim made in USA... Not sure how I feel about that.

Anyways, I've run Tein Flex low (the original not the street flex). I liked them. Were they were worth the $600 price difference between those and the Street series I currently have? No. Did I feel better telling people I had Teins instead of Megan's? Duh! Haha.
Thanks again for your help. According to the pic I posted, would you say that's the height where it doesn't matter anymore? The ride is gonna be crap regardless? How big is too big for extended top hats? Maybe I should just raise these and get top hats?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys,
Just wanted to ask, does anyone have experience with Import Replacement Parts? I've been looking and researching, and I'm pretty set on either Tein Flex Z's or Megan Racing EZ Street Series' for my NC, and IRP seems to be the best price I've found. It's a daily driver in PA but next year I may try doing a track day or two...
I can supply a link to what I'm checking out if anyone is interested.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
$700 and $650 shipped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That seems very reasonable compared to what I've been finding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
In stock now. Noodz waiting.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anyone recommend Stance Coilovers (maybe with Swift springs) for '08 NC? Won't be seeing any track time. Mostly street duty and will be running low, but not slam to the ground. More like tucking some tire. Any feedback? Thoughts? Also probably be running 18x9 +25...

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I'm a noob when it comes to suspension setups. I'm looking for a mixture of form and function and I don't mind spending a good chunk of change on a good coilover kit, to where I'm thinking about getting Xida coilovers from 949 racing.

My question is, for ride quality purposes, what else should I consider looking into to help lower the car without putting stress on the coilovers themselves? I know someone posted about different top hats earlier in this thread, would that be something to consider?

Anyone ran something like these: https://www.flyinmiata.com/1990-97-flyin-miata-rear-shock-mounts-6986.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
After lots of combing through threads I've ended up at the moon one.. Anyways I have megan ez streets, I have maxed out the strut adjustment and have heard people talking about spring perch or fabrication adjustments but can some one simplify this? Is adjusting the spring perch lowering the lower collar on the spring essentially adding droop? Or is there a way to adjust the whole spring lower on the strut to get more low and shorten the travel?
Currently maxed out and have around 15mm of droop or space my spring can move up and down when car is in the air..

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
first

Megan EZ streets
195/40/16
F 16x8 0 R 16x8 -12

ISR coilovers
15x8 0 all around 195/45/15
Rear needs a little more lows
How Did you get such get fitment on the front with the Megan's ? I've maxed out the strut adjustment and am not that close fender to wheel also running 16s

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I've been reading this thread and I've garnered that Megan, BC, Tein are the way to go.

Raceland Ultimo's are a comparable solution.

What about Yonaka's?

My goal is low, decent non-daily driving. Also trying to be budget friendly without actually cutting coils or anything like that.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lol, there's a difference between casual communication and just looking ignorant. (And then looking even worse at a sad attempt to play it off.)

I don't know where you are looking my man... but that sentence does NOT require a comma. :phillyb:

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,951 Posts
Lol, there's a difference between casual communication and just looking ignorant. (And then looking even worse at a sad attempt to play it off.)

I don't know where you are looking my man... but that sentence does NOT require a comma. :phillyb:
I'm just trying to cuddle. You free?

61 - 80 of 106 Posts