ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey folks!

so i'm coming from 15x8 et20 195/50 to 15x9 et0 215/45 and somehow the car now looks like **** + it's not legal. So beside rolling and hammering my fender i want to lower it a bit. Here's the catch..i'm running koni yellows/eibach pro..already set on lower perch. Since i dont have the money to buy good coilover and dont want to run some cheap ones..is there a way to lower it using extended tophats? And if so, how much for example wil an 1" extended tophat lower my car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed BC coils on my 2000 NB and the mechanic told me to look into sear bar end links and bushing. Any suggestion? I don't want it to be super harsh with upgrading the bushings

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! looking to bag my miata can't really find to much info, everyone says it a crime to bag it.

So here is my question, has anyone used or seen, TruHart AirPlus Air Struts

https://www.d2racingcoilovers.com/product/mazda-miata-truhart-airplus-air-struts-th-m1001/Default.aspx?gfid=p4004-c5010&source=googleshopping&gclid=CIrwrcH0nc0CFReUfgodyJwBqQ

, I could not find any on a search.
Are they good? Better option? OH! and mine is a 1996 1.8L miata base model and lookin for a hardtop, cause my softtop got jacked-up from hail damage(20+ holes).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried H&R Sport springs on their NB? Curious on the ride height and stiffness. They are such a good option on some other non-Miata cars, seems interesting that they are apparently not popular on Miata's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tein Street Basis with NB top hats. Stiffer springs would help at this height, but the ride isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't see these mentioned yet after reading.

2004 NB LS
Stock 16in wheels currently.
Prefer handling and soft ride with good lows. (I want to get rid of that wheel gap)
Daily driver with lots of fun empty highway.
Maybe getting into drifting one day but I think drift is different suspension setting in itself.

Looking at:

FM VMaxx Classic Stage 2 Kit ~$819

FM VMaxx Xxtreme Sport Stage 2 Kit $1,039

*Kits include Flyin' Miata sway bars

Seems like the ability to have adjustment and damping is the difference between the two.

Opinions, other recommendations are welcome.
I'd like to stay under ~$1k range with sway bars included in total price. But open to all ideas if backed enough.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Pm aarrow and ask him about the Megan racing series coilovers or the Godspeed coilovers. He knows which ones you are looking for and can help you find them easily.

I'd definitely recommend the Megan racing for entry level, stay away from tein basis, they are way too soft but if you like the price then they are good entry level soft coilovers. Under 1k everything is practically the same just aim for a full bodied coilovers height and damper adjustable.

I hear the flyin miata suspension doesn't go too low, even just to close up the wheel gap.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Megan Racing boi. Love them. 235/40/17 17x9+45 with 5mm spacer front and rear (effective et +40)

81 - 100 of 106 Posts