ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Highly Esteemed Supporter
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill Cardell wrote me a little while ago & said Jeremy is going to put the car on the dyno in the morning. =D> \:D/ =D> Check the FM Website www.flyinmiata.com during the day to see what numbers it will do.

I'm flying up to GJ tomorrow (boy will my arms be tired! :roll: ) and plan on driving it back down to Tucson on Saturday. I'm gonna have to relearn how to drive it. I've been using SWMBO's RAV4 since early March.

Whee! It's Roadster time!

·
Registered
261 Posts
well when you get back to town i sure hope I can get a ride in it!!

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't been visiting for the past couple of months. I'll post a drive write up on Sunday.

Looks like I joined on right after you did!

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FM didn't post the Dyno. As soon as I get it scanned, I'll post it in the Gallery. Just to tease, here are the numbers:

303rwhp at 7447.5 rpm
249.8lb-ft at 5369.3 rpm

I just love the SC whine. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll post some pics later today or Wednesday. I'll have to take the printout to Kinko's & see if they can scan it & put it on a disc.

·
Registered
261 Posts
holy crap!!

so when you going to let me have a ride in it??
we have that run on sunday...

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just posted the FM Dyno printout to the Garage section. For those who don't want to exercise their fingers, here's a copy.

Dange, hope you enjoyed the ride. I don't know if I could have sat next to me on the way down Kitt Peak the other day. I'd have been pressing my foot through the floorboards, stabbing at the brake pedal!

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At least until November. That's when we find out if it can be smogged. There's no more data flowing through the OEM ECU OBDII port. If they'll let me do the sniffer I have a chance.

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is indeed the plan. SWMBO & I have signed up & have the room reserved. We're staying a day or two extra to complete the "Tan-ectomy".

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm looking forward to it. Molly & I have missed the last two years Open House events. This is one we've been looking forward to. I'll be able to finish up with the "de-Tanification" of the car. I bought the top, carpet and other bits & pieces off the '03 that was delivered, conveniently, the day I picked my car up earlier this month.

BTW, I took the car up to Phoenix last Friday to dyno it. Made 271rwhp. The dyno guy, Keith, said I should put a couple of gallons of 100 octane in the next time. We might very well hit that 300 again.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts